ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Question on ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fyounuspk
Newly Registered

Urgent Question on ILR

Post by fyounuspk » Thu May 07, 2009 9:13 am

Hi
I am going for my ILR apopintment at the PEO Birmingham early next week. Can someone please confirm its ok if I take dependants (Spouse and kids) with me or the home office people will not like it at all?

Thanks

kiwi_in_the_uk

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk » Thu May 07, 2009 11:13 am

There are other threads that address this question - have a read of them.

From memory, I think the up-shot is that it is OK.

lapen123

Post by lapen123 » Thu May 07, 2009 11:13 am

Taking your dependants with you is not required. But personally I think it is better to take them with you. In my case it helped me to get our passports back with ILR quickly.

ms_ora
Newly Registered

Post by ms_ora » Thu May 07, 2009 12:50 pm

I am also going for my ILR next week in Croydon. Even I had the same doubt whether I should take my dependents with me or not. So I called up Home Office this morning about it. They neither said Yes nor No. They said that you should be able to provide all the supported documents for your dependents when asked for.

Obviously I will be taking their passports, birth certificates, marriage certificates with me, so I won't take them with me when I visit PEO office next week.

I had read elsewhere on this forum, where some member had posted his experience at the PEO office, that taking dependents is not required for ILR.

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent Question on ILR

Post by f2k » Thu May 07, 2009 3:34 pm

fyounuspk wrote:Hi
I am going for my ILR apopintment at the PEO Birmingham early next week. Can someone please confirm its ok if I take dependants (Spouse and kids) with me or the home office people will not like it at all?

Thanks
To answer your question, yes its ok to take them the HO definitely wont mind. if its not too much of an inconvinience then by all means take them.