ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Visa Requirement- Hotel Booking

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

greenMark
Newly Registered

New Visa Requirement- Hotel Booking

Post by greenMark » Thu May 07, 2009 10:17 am

Accodring to the French Emabassy "As from the 27th of April, people travelling to France for tourism will have to provide a reservation confirmation issued directly by the hotel. Bookings made via a reservation centre or travel agencies will no longer be accepted. "

I'm planning to vist france on mid of june 2009 and my visa appointment is on 27th May 2009. I just discovered the above requirement for hotel booking. However I contacted few hotels in france before making any tickets through www.eurostar.com and they said they can't provide any letters like that. If I make the reservation directly with the hotel (Not through Eurostar) they are able to provide the letter. any body got any idea about what kind of a letter the emabassy is looking for? Don't they accept any email confirmation of accomadation. Has anyone applied recently for visa with that new requirement for hotel booking.. Any help realy appriciated.... Thanks a lot

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 07, 2009 10:48 am

We just got a German-issued visa requiring a proof of hotel booking and just used the confirmation from Otel.com who we use for all our hotel bookings.

Visa arrived yesterday!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

greenMark
Newly Registered

Post by greenMark » Thu May 07, 2009 11:16 am

Wanderer wrote:We just got a German-issued visa requiring a proof of hotel booking and just used the confirmation from Otel.com who we use for all our hotel bookings.

Visa arrived yesterday!
What kind of a confirmation letter you got from otel.com. Is german emabssy requirement same as french embassy about this hotel reservation letter.