ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Early HSMP Extension to Tier 1 Due to Maternity Reason

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neha_12oct
Newly Registered

Early HSMP Extension to Tier 1 Due to Maternity Reason

Post by neha_12oct » Thu May 07, 2009 4:27 pm

Hi ,

I'm planning to go to India to have my baby due in early Oct- 2009. My HSMP Visa is expiring on 27th Nov 2009.

Beacuse I would be flying much earlier to that, I'm planning to apply for Tier1 extension/swtching in June/July-2009 - which is almost 4/5 months in advance. As I'm already employed in UK full time, the extented visa would give a visibility to my Employer that I 'm entitled to work in UK and I can claim on full 1 Year maternity break if I want to (even though i come back to Uk here after having baby and stay here at home on maternity leave)

My queries are :

1. Will HO issue me the visa starting after 27th Nov09, which means the new visa validity until 27th Nov 2012?

2. If not and if they issue from the date they approve my application I'll fall 5 months short to meet my ILR period, will I need to apply for another extenstion application in 2012 then?

I 'm not sure of extending Visa from India , as they might treat my application as new entry clearance.

Please help , looking forward to the valuable opion of the members of this forum.

thanks,
Neha

tipu20

Re: Early HSMP Extension to Tier 1 Due to Maternity Reason

Post by tipu20 » Thu May 07, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi

this topic is already discussed here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=38370

Regards,
Tipu
neha_12oct wrote:Hi ,

I'm planning to go to India to have my baby due in early Oct- 2009. My HSMP Visa is expiring on 27th Nov 2009.

Beacuse I would be flying much earlier to that, I'm planning to apply for Tier1 extension/swtching in June/July-2009 - which is almost 4/5 months in advance. As I'm already employed in UK full time, the extented visa would give a visibility to my Employer that I 'm entitled to work in UK and I can claim on full 1 Year maternity break if I want to (even though i come back to Uk here after having baby and stay here at home on maternity leave)

My queries are :

1. Will HO issue me the visa starting after 27th Nov09, which means the new visa validity until 27th Nov 2012?

2. If not and if they issue from the date they approve my application I'll fall 5 months short to meet my ILR period, will I need to apply for another extenstion application in 2012 then?

I 'm not sure of extending Visa from India , as they might treat my application as new entry clearance.

Please help , looking forward to the valuable opion of the members of this forum.

thanks,
Neha

nad

Post by nad » Thu May 07, 2009 5:45 pm

Hi ,
But why does it says in Guidance...

It is important that you make your application for further leave to remain before your current leave expires. However you should, wherever possible, make your application no more than five weeks in advance of the expiry of your current leave. If your HSMP leave has already expired, you should submit an application as soon as possible

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Thu May 07, 2009 5:57 pm

How About this ?

For applications made inside the United Kingdom

If you are already in the United Kingdom, you should apply to stay as soon as possible and before your current leave runs out. We encourage you to apply one month before your leave runs out.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... owtoapply/

You can see there are many folks in below link who applied early extension and it was approved.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=38370

Regards,
Tipu
nad wrote:Hi ,
But why does it says in Guidance...

It is important that you make your application for further leave to remain before your current leave expires. However you should, wherever possible, make your application no more than five weeks in advance of the expiry of your current leave. If your HSMP leave has already expired, you should submit an application as soon as possible

neha_12oct
Newly Registered

Post by neha_12oct » Sun May 10, 2009 11:00 pm

Thanks a lot for sending the link across. I checked it and found that many people have got their extention from the day when their current visa expires. In my case its a genuine reason, I think I'll have to take a chance here, stating the reason to HO.....

Thanks,
Neha

tipu20 wrote:Hi

this topic is already discussed here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=38370

Regards,
Tipu
neha_12oct wrote:Hi ,

My queries are :

thanks,
Neha

neha_12oct
Newly Registered

Post by neha_12oct » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:53 am

I got it extended from date of expiry and not from date of application.

I applied 4 months earlier as I was planning to go on maternity leave.
Home office has issued the new Tier 1 Visa from from date of expiry (of my last HSMP Visa) and not from date of application.

i.e.

Old HSMP Visa - was Valid until Nov 2009
New Appliocation Made in June 2009 (i.e 4 months prior)
New Tier 1 Visa Approved by Home Office - Until November 2012

Cheers,
Neha