ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Dependents Applications File: Help required

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

datastage152902
Newly Registered

Tier 1 - Dependents Applications File: Help required

Post by datastage152902 » Sat May 09, 2009 10:00 am

Hi,
I have taken an appointment to VFS Pune , on 13th May to apply Tier1 Dependent visa for my dependents. I already have my Tier 1 approved in Nov 08.

I have following questions:
1.) Do I need to fill in seperate forms (VAF 10) for both of my dependents?
2.) The 'Main Applicant' stated in the Section 7 of VAF 10 form is Me (Already Tier1 Holder) right ?
3.) Is it worth taking a Premium service. ? Is it there in Mumbai/Delhi only ?
4.) My wife is staying with me in Pune, However her passport has my name endorsed as a husband and the address is in Ahmedabad in the Passport. Can she apply from Pune VFS ?
5.) Supporting Documentation and Cover Letter:
I am showing following supporting documentation
  • a.) My sons Passport and Birth Certificate (Issued in USA)
    b.) My wife's passport, Marriage Certificate, Marriage Photos and Marriage Card
    c.) Deputation Letter from my IT company showing that my Work Start Date in UK on 10th June 2009
    d.) I have produced maintenance funds evidence from 3-4 sources.
    Has anybody shown Source of maintenance funds that is not based in India. ? I have a US Bank account and planning to use it to apply for my son
    e.) 4 page Cover Letter for points a. to d. & detailing about the sources of these funds for both of my dependents
Does VFS accept sealed envelopes? How do we carry this documents to VFS center in India? They have sent an email where one can carry a simple packet. Any tips on arranging these documents in Envelop or Folder?

Many Thanks in Advance

datastage152902
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 - Dependents Applications File: Help required

Post by datastage152902 » Sun May 10, 2009 2:48 am

datastage152902 wrote:Hi,
I have taken an appointment to VFS Pune , on 13th May to apply Tier1 Dependent visa for my dependents. I already have my Tier 1 approved in Nov 08.

I have following questions:
1.) Do I need to fill in seperate forms (VAF 10) for both of my dependents?
2.) The 'Main Applicant' stated in the Section 7 of VAF 10 form is Me (Already Tier1 Holder) right ?
3.) Is it worth taking a Premium service. ? Is it there in Mumbai/Delhi only ?
4.) My wife is staying with me in Pune, However her passport has my name endorsed as a husband and the address is in Ahmedabad in the Passport. Can she apply from Pune VFS ?
5.) Supporting Documentation and Cover Letter:
I am showing following supporting documentation
  • a.) My sons Passport and Birth Certificate (Issued in USA)
    b.) My wife's passport, Marriage Certificate, Marriage Photos and Marriage Card
    c.) Deputation Letter from my IT company showing that my Work Start Date in UK on 10th June 2009
    d.) I have produced maintenance funds evidence from 3-4 sources.
    Has anybody shown Source of maintenance funds that is not based in India. ? I have a US Bank account and planning to use it to apply for my son
    e.) 4 page Cover Letter for points a. to d. & detailing about the sources of these funds for both of my dependents
Does VFS accept sealed envelopes? How do we carry this documents to VFS center in India? They have sent an email where one can carry a simple packet. Any tips on arranging these documents in Envelop or Folder?

Many Thanks in Advance
Anybody going for Tier 1 -G dependents visa process in near time ?
A quick reply to some / all questions will be very much appreciated as the appointment date is nearing.

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Sun May 10, 2009 3:59 am

Hi,

VFS Does not accept sealed envelopes. They will remove all your documents out of any cover, staple it, put it inside a cover made of cloth and send it for processing further..

datastage152902
Newly Registered

Post by datastage152902 » Tue May 12, 2009 11:59 am

coolsats wrote:Hi,

VFS Does not accept sealed envelopes. They will remove all your documents out of any cover, staple it, put it inside a cover made of cloth and send it for processing further..
Is it necessary to carry the photocopies of the original documents like Birth Certificate / Marriage Certificate ?
And the Main Applicant in the form VAF 10 is Me (Already Tier 1 Holder in this case) right ?

vinitmenon
United Kingdom

Post by vinitmenon » Tue May 12, 2009 12:23 pm

datastage152902 wrote:

Is it necessary to carry the photocopies of the original documents like Birth Certificate / Marriage Certificate ?
And the Main Applicant in the form VAF 10 is Me (Already Tier 1 Holder in this case) right ?
Does not hurt to carry photocopies of all !

hello_moderator
BANNED

Post by hello_moderator » Tue May 12, 2009 5:26 pm

No that is not correct . I sent selaed envelope and was accepted .