ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query in Fund maitnenance Statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sriramgc
Newly Registered

Query in Fund maitnenance Statement

Post by sriramgc » Sun May 10, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi All,

I submitted my 12 month bank statements as a proof for both salary and fund maintenance.
I took the last statement in HSBC bank on their stationary (as I still did not get last paper statement from them) it got its logo and name ,my accoutn details and transactions , but they did not sign or put stamp on it.
Is this fine to submit this last statement with out stamp ?

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Query in Fund maitnenance Statement

Post by yasa » Sun May 10, 2009 4:02 pm

sriramgc wrote:Hi All,

I submitted my 12 month bank statements as a proof for both salary and fund maintenance.
I took the last statement in HSBC bank on their stationary (as I still did not get last paper statement from them) it got its logo and name ,my accoutn details and transactions , but they did not sign or put stamp on it.
Is this fine to submit this last statement with out stamp ?
nope it is against the guidance..... it should be stamped by the bank otherwise they will not gonna consider it...
Check the guidelines properly before applying..
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

sriramgc
Newly Registered

Post by sriramgc » Sun May 10, 2009 4:23 pm

oh i already submitted the applciaiton last week, so is ti ebtter to with draw the application?
I asked hsbc to stampa nd sign , but they said they wonot do that

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Sun May 10, 2009 5:24 pm

I think if bank statement is on bank's stationary then it's fine. You only need to get it stamped and signed if it's an online statement?

see the text below from guidance notes (page 25) What you think?

Personal bank statements showing the ii) payments made to the applicant: Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming.
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun May 10, 2009 5:28 pm

I think if you have got temperary statement from HSBC branch, it should be fine, Although this is not an original statement but it is still issued officially by HSBC.If HO want to verify it, they can very well call HSBC and verify the authenticity of the statement.
sriramgc wrote:oh i already submitted the applciaiton last week, so is ti ebtter to with draw the application?

sriramgc
Newly Registered

Post by sriramgc » Sun May 10, 2009 5:56 pm

thanks a lot guys for your replies.
So is it better to wait and watch, instead of withdrawl?

sriramgc
Newly Registered

Post by sriramgc » Sun May 10, 2009 6:00 pm

yeah i got duplicate statement from HSBC branch, when they gave me the print out bearing the HSBC logo, name, my acoutn detials and transactions

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sun May 10, 2009 6:29 pm

chetanojha wrote:I think if you have got temperary statement from HSBC branch, it should be fine, Although this is not an original statement but it is still issued officially by HSBC.If HO want to verify it, they can very well call HSBC and verify the authenticity of the statement.
sriramgc wrote:oh i already submitted the applciaiton last week, so is ti ebtter to with draw the application?
if they wanted to do it like this then they would have done this on statements u printed out from home.... cuz it has bank logo aswell...
Anyways thats my point of view cuz many ppl got rejected on this....
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun May 10, 2009 7:58 pm

Agree with you Yasa about online statement, but the statement in concern are the one officially provided by bank's official stationery.

Although one should not leave any chance of interpretation but logically it should be accepted. When I submitted my extension application, HSBC was more than happy to stamp these temp statement.

Below extract from Guidance notes.
ii)Personal bank statements showing the payments made to the applicant: Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming. If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Sun May 10, 2009 9:05 pm

By the way for my application in the March I visited the HSBC branch and got my complete one year statement on HSBC stationary (Neither signed nor stamped) but the executive who gave me these statement also gave me a letter confirming that we are happy to give you these statement for your visa purpose and this letter was signed by that executive(but not stamped).
My statement has been accepted by HO and I got my visa. I think it should be OK for you as well.
Best of luck...

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Mon May 11, 2009 11:07 am

When you say that you got the statement from the bank, was it a printout from one of the machines or is it identical to the normal statements you get sent by mail?

ssvgopal

Post by ssvgopal » Mon May 11, 2009 3:27 pm

chetanojha wrote:Agree with you Yasa about online statement, but the statement in concern are the one officially provided by bank's official stationery.

Although one should not leave any chance of interpretation but logically it should be accepted. When I submitted my extension application, HSBC was more than happy to stamp these temp statement.

ii)Personal bank statements showing the payments made to the applicant: Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming. If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).
Hi chetanojha,

Which branch of HSBC did you get it stamped?

Thanks,
Sai

ssvgopal

Post by ssvgopal » Mon May 11, 2009 3:32 pm

Alternatively, you could call HSBC and ask them for temporary statement between specific dates, and they will send it to you by post. They will also enclose a letter(on their letter head), confirming the statements were provided in response to your request.
This letter would act as additional authorisation to the provided temp statements.
Also, the temp statements are printed on HSBC official stationary, so it is authentic.
And it doesn't resemble the printout that we can typically get online. We wouldn't also require a stamp. So it does show up, after all, if thats what yasa was referring to.

Cheers,
Sai

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon May 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Wellesley Road,Crodyon Branch.
But you can get from any branch. If you cannot get it from one branch just walk into another. Try 3-4 branch and you will get it.
ssvgopal wrote:
chetanojha wrote:Agree with you Yasa about online statement, but the statement in concern are the one officially provided by bank's official stationery.

Hi chetanojha,

Which branch of HSBC did you get it stamped?

Thanks,
Sai