ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4, am confuse. Need help pls

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fem
Newly Registered

Tier 4, am confuse. Need help pls

Post by fem » Sun May 10, 2009 6:04 pm

Please am confused as regards the guidance for the tier 4. My son want to study in UK. His school fees is 5500pounds. His course is 3years. My questions are:

1) How much do i need to show in my account?
2) He will be studying in London, how much do i need to show for the maintenance funds?
3) How long does the money have to be in my account?

I will be very greatful if someone can please help me.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Tier 4, am confuse. Need help pls

Post by Wanderer » Sun May 10, 2009 6:35 pm

fem wrote:Please am confused as regards the guidance for the tier 4. My son want to study in UK. His school fees is 5500pounds. His course is 3years. My questions are:

2) He will be studying in London, how much do i need to show for the maintenance funds?

I might be wrong but I think u need the full fees, plus one year living expenses, ie about 7k I think for London.

So around £12.5k which has to be in his or a joint account with his name on it.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

King_Khan

Re: Tier 4, am confuse. Need help pls

Post by King_Khan » Sun May 10, 2009 11:03 pm

fem wrote:Please am confused as regards the guidance for the tier 4. My son want to study in UK. His school fees is 5500pounds. His course is 3years. My questions are:

You have to make it clear that whether ur son comes under Adult student or Child student?? and does the fees amount of 5500pounds relates to his first year of studies or is his total tuition fee for 3 years?

If he is an adult then he requires the following amount to be in his account for at least last 28 days ( These calculations are made on the basis that he is going to live in London and 5500pounds is his total tuition fee for 3 years)

Code: Select all

Living Cost (for upto 9months)       :   7200 pounds
Tuition Fee ( for first year 5500/3) :   1834 pounds*
                                        ______
Total Money Required                 :   9034 pounds

Total money required is almost 9034 pounds but it would be better for him to have a minimum of 10,000 pounds in his account for last 28days of the bank statement issuance date.

*if the fee of 5500 pounds is for his first year of school then substitute 1834 with that and then add that with 7200 pounds.

For more information download this document: http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... idance.pdf

But if ur son is a child student then there is a flexibility that his parents/guardians can also show their bank statements instead of him. It will also require an additional letter of consent from his parents about his studies in UK.

For more information about child students see the same document which i mentioned above.

If you need any further information please ask that here...

Best of luck