ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ADVICE needed re: ILR application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shinythingsuk
Newly Registered

ADVICE needed re: ILR application

Post by shinythingsuk » Sun May 10, 2009 8:28 pm

My partner applied for this under 14yr rule at the beginning of 2006. Got a child (4) together and 2 others. He has never claimed public funds in any way and has been in no trouble. THREE years on, thousands on solicitors, a mental breakdown, input from my local MP and yet still NO response from the HO. Just the standard 'under consideration' response.
Has anyone else has this sort of waiting????? Really at the end of my tether now.
Any guidance gladly accepted.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: ADVICE needed re: ILR application

Post by Wanderer » Sun May 10, 2009 11:23 pm

shinythingsuk wrote:My partner applied for this under 14yr rule at the beginning of 2006. Got a child (4) together and 2 others. He has never claimed public funds in any way and has been in no trouble. THREE years on, thousands on solicitors, a mental breakdown, input from my local MP and yet still NO response from the HO. Just the standard 'under consideration' response.
Has anyone else has this sort of waiting????? Really at the end of my tether now.
That's why we usually advise to go home and apply from there if u have a UK partner, obviously unless there's compelling reasons why not, ie civil war etc...

Can u tell us more about ur partners history?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

shinythingsuk
Newly Registered

history

Post by shinythingsuk » Mon May 11, 2009 7:56 am

Originally came from Jamaica in 89 to see family (rest of his siblings were born in this country). Been working under different name since day 1, been advised by solicitor that this should be overlooked (hopefully). Only one member of family left in Jamaica (grandfather), partner is now 47yrs old. Never been married as did not want to go through a sham marriage, also informed HO that we did not get married as we did not want to do so until legally and morally able. Always paid privately for health care, dentistry etc. Parents now live in Japan and America, most siblings living in UK so strong family ties.
Anything else just ask

Re: ADVICE needed re: ILR application

Post by 2347526 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:00 pm

shinythingsuk wrote:My partner applied for this under 14 year rule at the beginning of 2006. He has never claimed public funds in any way and has been in no trouble. THREE years on, thousands on solicitors, a mental breakdown, input from my local MP and yet still NO response from the HO. Just the standard 'under consideration' response.
I am in the same situation as your partner. I applied under the 14 years rule early last year and I am still waiting for my reply. I can understand and relate to your situation and frustrations as I am in the same position: I cannot work, I am not allowed benefit/help and I feel totally helpless. I have tried every thing to no avail and all I can advice you is to pray, be patient and be persistant in your follow up to your case. Do not give up, call and write to the HO as much as you can it is the only way you will get their attention as "under consideration" is a standard reply to all who inquire about their cases. Good luck and I hope it all ends soon for you.

shinythingsuk
Newly Registered

Post by shinythingsuk » Tue May 12, 2009 5:40 pm

Thankyou for your kind words. I just hope that things go smoother for you than they have for us. I am currently trying to get the mp involved again and have an appointment to get a letter regarding the impact the situation has had upon my mental health.
All I can say is no matter how trivial a reason or piece of information is to you USE IT!