ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 rejected because of maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

evelynegus
Newly Registered

Tier 1 rejected because of maintenance funds

Post by evelynegus » Mon May 11, 2009 6:06 pm

Hi all!

My Tier 1 application has been rejected because they consider that I did not demonstrate the maintenance funds. I have a hearing in early June.

I am looking for relevant previous cases and was wondering if anyone could help.

Does anyone knows of any case number on the AIT website that describe a case where a visa was rejected because of maintenance funds and where the applicant won the appeal?

That would be very useful to prepare my hearing!!

Many thanks!!!

Visa_Novice

Re: Tier 1 rejected because of maintenance funds

Post by Visa_Novice » Mon May 11, 2009 6:46 pm

evelynegus wrote:Hi all!

My Tier 1 application has been rejected because they consider that I did not demonstrate the maintenance funds. I have a hearing in early June.

I am looking for relevant previous cases and was wondering if anyone could help.

Does anyone knows of any case number on the AIT website that describe a case where a visa was rejected because of maintenance funds and where the applicant won the appeal?

That would be very useful to prepare my hearing!!

Many thanks!!!
For how many days your funds were less than the required and did you had funds in any other account for the same duration that you might have not shown in the application ?

evelynegus
Newly Registered

Post by evelynegus » Tue May 12, 2009 9:44 am

Well... I was under 800 for a few days twice in the 3 months period.

I also submitted my partner's bank details + a letter saying that he would support me in case of financial need. I find this very frustrating that they reject this sort of evidence because they have always accepted it in the past and they did not write anywhere that they would not accept it anymore.

I was transferring large amounts of money into my partner's account because we were saving to buy a house. I can prove that with the bank statements (when the money comes out of my account, it appears into his).
He will come with me to the hearing to testify that the money in that account belongs to both of us... That account has much more than 800 over many many months.

I don't know if they'll accept this kind of argument... Anyway!

Thanks!

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue May 12, 2009 10:01 am

This partner's account that you mention - is it a joint account with both your names on it? If so, the funds may still count.

My only concern is that the rules regarding the maintenance funds requirement have been fairly clear, and the guidelines do say what evidence is acceptable and what is not. If they apply the letter of the law, then, with the greatest of respect, I'm not sure if an appeal would be successful. Is there any chance you could re-submit a new application and chalk up the financial and emotional loss to experience?

evelynegus
Newly Registered

Post by evelynegus » Tue May 12, 2009 10:17 am

We have tried to make this bank account a joint bank account, but this will only be completed when (and if!) I get a new visa.

My previous visa is not valid anymore, so I can't re-apply from the UK. I'm not sure I will win either, but I think it is worth taking a chance. I have a really cool job and I really don't want to resign right now!

taabbasi
Newly Registered

what happen to your case

Post by taabbasi » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:55 pm

hi
i got visa refuesal as well on maintenance funds and case gone for JR
could you please let me know what happen to your case,
mine is that they saying that letter i attached from a financial
institution registered by FSA cant hold client money
but its registered with FSA, what are the chances

thank