ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

igs extension is refused because of college diploma

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khurramuk
Newly Registered

igs extension is refused because of college diploma

Post by khurramuk » Thu May 14, 2009 8:09 pm

hi guys,
my igs extension is refused due to the false documents from college, lcmit didnt confirm my diploma and i have got refusal from homeoffice today and right of appeal guys please give me any sugession what should i do. thanks.waiting for your reply.

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: igs extension is refused because of college diploma

Post by jack199 » Thu May 14, 2009 9:04 pm

khurramuk wrote:hi guys,
my igs extension is refused due to the false documents from college, lcmit didnt confirm my diploma and i have got refusal from homeoffice today and right of appeal guys please give me any sugession what should i do. thanks.waiting for your reply.
Were you already on IGS? and were you going from IGS to PSW?

khurramuk
Newly Registered

Post by khurramuk » Thu May 14, 2009 9:13 pm

i was on igs and aplied for extension of psw.

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Thu May 14, 2009 9:29 pm

From which college did u get your diploma? and when did you get it. Is that college still on the UKBA list or is it been closed? If you answer these then only i can suggest.

khurramuk
Newly Registered

Post by khurramuk » Thu May 14, 2009 9:40 pm

london college of management and it, and also yes it is in list of ukba

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Thu May 14, 2009 9:44 pm

khurramuk wrote:london college of management and it, and also yes it is in list of ukba
Then appeal you have nothing to lose. On their rejection letter what exactly they have said to you? You do need a good solicitor who can represent you and who can put a strong case forward. But you have a good chance of winning. If you have any coursework or assignments with you take those with you on your hearing day. I have came across few cases where the judge allowed the appeal based on the evidence the appeallant has provided. Dont lose hope.

Have they made any other rejection regarding your application or is that the only one?

desnetk

Post by desnetk » Thu May 14, 2009 9:55 pm

didn't know HO call up and verify the documents with the college. is this random check or happenes with every application ?

khurramuk
Newly Registered

Post by khurramuk » Thu May 14, 2009 9:56 pm

they said that they have evidence that i was not registered student in lcmit as college didnt confirm my diploma,thats why refuse my application.there is no other reason for refusal they gave me.

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:04 pm

khurramuk wrote:they said that they have evidence that i was not registered student in lcmit as college didnt confirm my diploma,thats why refuse my application.there is no other reason for refusal they gave me.
Then i would advise you to contact your college and get a letter of confirmation from college and send it to AIT when you send your appeal papers it would be fine.

khurramuk
Newly Registered

Post by khurramuk » Thu May 14, 2009 10:39 pm

is there any other reason other than college, as i alreday mentioned that college confirmed them that i was not registered student.thats why they refuse my application.

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Thu May 14, 2009 10:53 pm

khurramuk wrote:is there any other reason other than college, as i alreday mentioned that college confirmed them that i was not registered student.thats why they refuse my application.
If thats the only refusal mentioned in the rejection letter then there won't be any other issues. You need to get your paperwork sorted and get in touch with college and get a proof and then get a lawyer. If you get the proof which is authentic then you dont even need a solicitor. You will win the appeal if you were a genuine student.

Hope that helps. Keep faith and put your appeal in ASAP and pls dont make any mistakes in your paperwork this time, cover all the avenues.

coolvirgo1986

Post by coolvirgo1986 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:09 pm

jack199 wrote:
khurramuk wrote:is there any other reason other than college, as i alreday mentioned that college confirmed them that i was not registered student.thats why they refuse my application.
If thats the only refusal mentioned in the rejection letter then there won't be any other issues. You need to get your paperwork sorted and get in touch with college and get a proof and then get a lawyer. If you get the proof which is authentic then you dont even need a solicitor. You will win the appeal if you were a genuine student.

Hope that helps. Keep faith and put your appeal in ASAP and pls dont make any mistakes in your paperwork this time, cover all the avenues.
which diploma u got and did they offer. and whay did u send college documents bec its not igs to psw requirement. thtsway they conformed.

TireOne
Newly Registered

Re: igs extension is refused because of college diploma

Post by TireOne » Fri May 15, 2009 12:15 am

khurramuk wrote:hi guys,
Surprised decision that you got refusal from HO for extention to stay under Tier-1 PSW Transitional Arrangements (IGS->PSW). and as you said you got refusal becoz your diploma is not varified.

Now my question is that before appling did you check what points you can claim if you are appling under Tier-1 PSW TA.?? i.e. IGS->PSW

As per my knowledge it is very streight forward that you dont need to claim points for diploma if you are applying under Tier-1 PSW TA.

It is very clear on the Tier-1 PSW new form and guiadance if you already granted a IGS or Fresh Talent visa you can claim 75 points streight away. you dont need to send your diploma to HO to claim any points unless or if you are applying under initial application then you can claim some points for your diploma.

Point you needed to get extension from IGS-PSW are:

Points for Already granted IGS = 75
Points for Maintanence funds = 10
Points for English Language = 10 -> these 10 point will automatilly awarded as you scored 75 points.

Check Policy guidance this will help you to understand some immigration Law.
So please stop making false statements

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri May 15, 2009 12:27 am

They could have checked with the college even if he didn't send the certificate in, don't forget they have the previous forms and perhaps even copies of college documents. If it was a bogus certificate he could have been refused on general grounds.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Fri May 15, 2009 11:26 am

Just to clarify, is your college not confirming your attendance there by simply not replying to the UKBA's request thus leading to the refusal of the application?

OR

Have the college replied to the UKBA and have stated categorically that khurramuk was never a student at their insitution?

OR

Have they replied to the UKBA to say we cannot confirm either way if khurramuk was a student at this institution?

TireOne
Newly Registered

Post by TireOne » Fri May 15, 2009 2:12 pm

PaperPusher wrote:They could have checked with the college even if he didn't send the certificate in, don't forget they have the previous forms and perhaps even copies of college documents. If it was a bogus certificate he could have been refused on general grounds.
i agree with you HO can check old records. but in transitional arrangements if the person is not claiming any points for any diploma then how he can get a refusal on the bases of that his diploma is not verified....can you please explain what is a general grounds?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Immigration Rules Part 9 - General grounds for refusal

Post by PaperPusher » Fri May 15, 2009 7:49 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part9/
Part 9 - General grounds for the refusal of entry clearance, leave to enter or variation of leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom.....
Grounds on which leave to remain in the United Kingdom is to be refused

(1) the fact that variation of leave to enter or remain is being sought for a purpose not covered by these Rules.

(1A) where false representations have been made or false documents or information have been submitted (whether or not material to the application, and whether or not to the applicant's knowledge), or material facts have not been disclosed, in relation to the application.

Grounds on which leave to remain in the United Kingdom should normally be refused

(2) the making of false representations or the failure to disclose any material fact for the purpose of obtaining leave to enter or a previous variation of leave;
So, in short, leave should normally be refused if someone used a bogus document even if this is in some previous application. They may not be refused if, for example, they are seeking to stay as a spouse switching from a student, but otherwise pretty much guaranteed a refusal if you get caught or getting leave depended on that document.

That is my take anyway.

People who got refused due to deception becauser of a bogus PGDip say, are in cloud cukoo land if they think they can make a subsequent student application and all will be forgiven.

Just my two pence.

TireOne
Newly Registered

Re: Immigration Rules Part 9 - General grounds for refusal

Post by TireOne » Fri May 15, 2009 9:48 pm

PaperPusher wrote:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part9/
Part 9 - General grounds for the refusal of entry clearance, leave to enter or variation of leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom.....
Grounds on which leave to remain in the United Kingdom is to be refused

(1) the fact that variation of leave to enter or remain is being sought for a purpose not covered by these Rules.

(1A) where false representations have been made or false documents or information have been submitted (whether or not material to the application, and whether or not to the applicant's knowledge), or material facts have not been disclosed, in relation to the application.

Grounds on which leave to remain in the United Kingdom should normally be refused

(2) the making of false representations or the failure to disclose any material fact for the purpose of obtaining leave to enter or a previous variation of leave;
So, in short, leave should normally be refused if someone used a bogus document even if this is in some previous application. They may not be refused if, for example, they are seeking to stay as a spouse switching from a student, but otherwise pretty much guaranteed a refusal if you get caught or getting leave depended on that document.

That is my take anyway.

People who got refused due to deception becauser of a bogus PGDip say, are in cloud cukoo land if they think they can make a subsequent student application and all will be forgiven.

Just my two pence.

as in IGS to PSW you dont need to disclose or have to send any of your degree so i believe that anyone is not hiding any material facts for their current application. Where it is very clear in guidance that if applicant have already granted IGS or Fresh Talent then he can claim 75 points for PSW streight away. to claim 75 points you do not need to send your diploma these points are granted to applicant if he/she had endorsement of IGS.

As you persume that applicant might used bogus document last time to get IGS but as now home office is verifying all documents from institutions similarly it was the same before this bogus college scam appears and i am 99% sure that Home office had confirmed before so that's why HO granted Leave to Remain under IGS to applicant.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri May 15, 2009 10:09 pm

It also mentions a "previous variation of leave". Perhaps UKBA did not check all of them. It doesn't matter how points are awarded in the slightest, if you got the previous leave by using deception it is pretty strong grounds, nay rock solid grounds for a refusal when it comes to work and study routes. If someone gets away with it once, doesn't mean that they will on the next application.

The original poster has gone quiet now in any case.

danish1981
BANNED

Re: Immigration Rules Part 9 - General grounds for refusal

Post by danish1981 » Fri May 15, 2009 10:12 pm

agreed with tireone

TireOne
Newly Registered

Post by TireOne » Fri May 15, 2009 10:57 pm

PaperPusher wrote:It also mentions a "previous variation of leave". Perhaps UKBA did not check all of them. It doesn't matter how points are awarded in the slightest, if you got the previous leave by using deception it is pretty strong grounds, nay rock solid grounds for a refusal when it comes to work and study routes. If someone gets away with it once, doesn't mean that they will on the next application.

The original poster has gone quiet now in any case.
as if HO verify earlier to give grant of leave under IGS so their records definitely shows that they had verified all degrees from institution via HO standard verification procedure.

If now HO is accusing any applicant that their diploma is fake or bogus then as HO verified earlier so this is a quite strong ground for an applicant to ask HO why and on what circumstances that specific institution verify that degree institution...if that is verified earlier it means that degree was not a bogus degree.

my advice for applicant is to spend some more money and ask HO to provide you the Freedom of information where you can easily understand on what grounds HO is saying that ur diploma or degree is bogus or from bogus college.

now who can answer about the fact that some colleges raided by HO and was listed as they abuse the system by issuing a bogus degrees has now got A-Rating in new Tier-4 registrar. . . Money making machines are still operating with 100% turn out.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri May 15, 2009 11:19 pm

Perhaps getting their file under the data protection act is a good idea. It will not help them if UKBA did not contact the college when they granted leave to remain under IGS however.

London College of Management and IT is still a listed body as far as I am aware, so it seems the college is genuine, but the diploma is bogus.

umair malik
Newly Registered

Post by umair malik » Sat May 16, 2009 7:48 am

PAPERPUSHER is 100% right.
1 of my closest friend,s visa refused by home office due to same deception reason.
my friend paid some£... to a college and got IGS.which was valid from march 2008 to march 2009.
that time home office did not verify diploma from the college.but now he had applied for PSW(IGS extension) in march.he got his passport back last week with refusal saying because,,you have used deception in your last application(bogus diploma) so your application is refused under 320 7(A).
home office can check every thing whenever they want.and even they can refuse your application after 5 years as well for used deception in past visa applications.

sadhu

Post by sadhu » Sat May 16, 2009 10:56 am

PaperPusher wrote:Perhaps getting their file under the data protection act is a good idea. It will not help them if UKBA did not contact the college when they granted leave to remain under IGS however.

London College of Management and IT is still a listed body as far as I am aware, so it seems the college is genuine, but the diploma is bogus.
Paperpusher is right.HO has right to cancel visa anytime if they find any sort of fradulent activities.But why HO didn't check prior to issuing visa?And now they are doing lots of check which includes extended check, check through college,visiting college etc.Consequently, big delay in the processing of applications.

There is a major flaws in HO's management that we must admit.Ultimately, it is reducing the number of students in this country.Student's money help in british economy a lot, but not anymore.These days students are reluctant to come to the uk.

sadhu

Post by sadhu » Sat May 16, 2009 10:56 am

PaperPusher wrote:Perhaps getting their file under the data protection act is a good idea. It will not help them if UKBA did not contact the college when they granted leave to remain under IGS however.

Paperpusher is right.HO has right to cancel visa anytime if they find any sort of fradulent activities.But why HO didn't check prior to issuing visa?And now they are doing lots of check which includes extended check, check through college,visiting college etc.Consequently, big delay in the processing of applications.

There is a major flaws in HO's management that we must admit.Ultimately, it is reducing the number of students in this country.Student's money help in british economy a lot, but not anymore.These days students are reluctant to come to the uk.