ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit 4 unmarried partner & period of separa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

visatouk
Newly Registered

EEA family permit 4 unmarried partner & period of separa

Post by visatouk » Fri May 15, 2009 3:32 am

Can anyone advise on how strict the British embassy will be when assessing our durable relationship for the purposes of applying for an EEA family permit, if we have periods of separation of 6 months without visits, but can prove our relationship has continued during this time and we have remained in contact by emails and telephone calls. Our current separation is due to my work commitments and study commitments in Australia.

Also bear in mind, last year I sponsored my partner to remain in Australia as my de facto spouse and his visa is still current. We have successfully proven our relationship to the Australian immigration department. Will that have any bearing on our UK application?