ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Visa General Application returned as invalid

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vkchinna
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa General Application returned as invalid

Post by vkchinna » Sat May 16, 2009 3:05 pm

i have submitted my application and it has been returned saying the application was invalid as the photos are more than 6 months old

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Visa General Application returned as invalid

Post by yasa » Sat May 16, 2009 3:11 pm

vkchinna wrote:i have submitted my application and it has been returned saying the application was invalid as the photos are more than 6 months old
U have to send it again then.. with new photos..
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

vkchinna
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Visa General Application returned as invalid

Post by vkchinna » Sat May 16, 2009 3:17 pm

I have submitted via an agent and have got the application back as invalid and with details as

a tick only on this:

The photographs must be in the format specified as mandatory in the applicaton from and/or regulated guidance notes. (All photographs which were submitted with your clien't and dependent's applications are more than 6 months old)

With so much of tension waited for 7 weeks....

Actually does this mean all my documents are correct and just the photos are the issue

indian_uk

Post by indian_uk » Sat May 16, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi !!!! Where did you apply from ??? UK or outside ?? and when did you applied ?? I also apply for tier 1 and my snaps were also old.

vkchinna
Newly Registered

Post by vkchinna » Sat May 16, 2009 3:21 pm

applied with in uk

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat May 16, 2009 3:24 pm

indian_uk wrote:Hi !!!! Where did you apply from ??? UK or outside ?? and when did you applied ?? I also apply for tier 1 and my snaps were also old.
Dude if u can spend 850 for the visa fees then why not £5 more on new photos...
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

indian_uk

Post by indian_uk » Sat May 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Did you call HO to check the status ? and did it went for under consideration and how did they recognize that the snaps are old ?

vkchinna
Newly Registered

Post by vkchinna » Sat May 16, 2009 3:27 pm

i called HO and was told "Awaiting Consideration" last week. and have received the letter this week.

Also was hurry in applying forgot to look into photos.... :(

vkchinna
Newly Registered

Post by vkchinna » Sat May 16, 2009 4:20 pm

Also i am planning to go for premium service

Hear from some one saying if you apply for premium service, we cannot appeal if the app got rejected.

Can some clarify

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 16, 2009 6:22 pm

vkchinna wrote:Also i am planning to go for premium service

Hear from some one saying if you apply for premium service, we cannot appeal if the app got rejected.

Can some clarify
One can not appeal if the current leave is still valid irrespective of how you apply.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat May 16, 2009 6:33 pm

This is quite strange. As for many other forum members , HO has asked them to send another photographs without returning their application.

Hope you have not lost your application fees.

vkchinna
Newly Registered

Post by vkchinna » Sat May 16, 2009 6:48 pm

Arrangements will be be made to refund fees

vkchinna
Newly Registered

Post by vkchinna » Sat May 16, 2009 8:26 pm

Also as i told my photos are invalid. Does this mean all my documents were correct.

Also wondering at what stage they will check the photos. ie.... after checking all the documents and finally before stamping (or) photos will be checked first before checking the docs

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 16, 2009 8:32 pm

vkchinna wrote:Also as i told my photos are invalid. Does this mean all my documents were correct.

Also wondering at what stage they will check the photos. ie.... after checking all the documents and finally before stamping (or) photos will be checked first before checking the docs
Difficult to tell. But on a pure guess I would say they would tend to do so when it comes to stamping the VISA. Was any verification done with your employer?
regards,
push

vkchinna
Newly Registered

Post by vkchinna » Sat May 16, 2009 8:38 pm

Not sure as they haven't mentioned it to me.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 16, 2009 9:06 pm

vkchinna wrote:Not sure as they haven't mentioned it to me.
I mean can you spk to the concerned person in your organization to find out. if thats the case, then it would be fair to conclude that the document assessment was done and the only stumbling block was the photograph (again a guess).

Pardon me for not being unequivocal here but the fact that you are getting your fee back, I think UKBA did not assess your application- they would not have been so generous to return the fee despite taking the pain of processing the application.
regards,
push

vkchinna
Newly Registered

Post by vkchinna » Sat May 16, 2009 9:26 pm

Thanks for reply. If that is so as i have applied 45days ago. Again do i need to submit with the latest bank statements showing the funds maintenance as of today.

Or just resending the application with the new fees and correct photos would be fine ?

If that is so again i have to wait for another 6 weeks (or) because i am resending the application with that be give priority.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 16, 2009 9:40 pm

vkchinna wrote:Thanks for reply. If that is so as i have applied 45days ago. Again do i need to submit with the latest bank statements showing the funds maintenance as of today.

Or just resending the application with the new fees and correct photos would be fine ?

If that is so again i have to wait for another 6 weeks (or) because i am resending the application with that be give priority.
If your application has been returned and fee refunded, your application will now be treated as a new application which means you need to provide the evidence etc. as if you were applying for the first time. It would not hurt to check with HO though.
regards,
push

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Sat May 16, 2009 11:35 pm

Guys how will the HO know that your photo are more than six months old, unless you opt for premium service, where they see you inperson!!

VK82

Post by VK82 » Sat May 16, 2009 11:41 pm

wphsmpteir1 wrote:Guys how will the HO know that your photo are more than six months old, unless you opt for premium service, where they see you inperson!!
If the photo provided in current application is same as in old VISA.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Sun May 17, 2009 11:59 am

wphsmpteir1 wrote:Guys how will the HO know that your photo are more than six months old, unless you opt for premium service, where they see you inperson!!
Or if you have very young dependents whose appearance would be likely to change considerably over 2 years.

indian_uk

Post by indian_uk » Sun May 17, 2009 12:47 pm

I have done the same blunder although there is no child in our application.
And there is no change in the appearance but snaps are same as my last stamp (HSMP). Application is in waiting consideration.

indian_uk

Post by indian_uk » Sun May 17, 2009 2:05 pm

Any thoughts what should i do ??