ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Situation!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maka1981
Newly Registered

My Situation!

Post by maka1981 » Sat May 16, 2009 10:19 pm

I re-entered UK on a spouse visa on 12/08/07 so the earliest I can apply for ILR is 15/07/09 (I think).

MY QUANDRY:
My in-laws surprised us with a visit to France on 13/08/09, all booked and fully paid for.
NOW I can't apply for a French visa unless I have atleast three months leave to remain in this country!
My plan (touch wood) is to apply for SET(M) at PEO on 15/07/09 then go and apply for Schengen visa at French embassy the next day subject to getting an appointment. Then travel to France on 13/08/09. WOW

Then hope for the best.

Can you think of a better way? I am open to suggestion. If not, I'm open to sympathy too. :?:

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 17, 2009 10:16 am

I think your plan is the best that can be achieved. Hopefully it will all work out OK.

When my own wife got her ILR back in 2002, within a week of that there was also a French-issued Schengen visa in her passport!
John