ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Different Names printed on Bank Statements & Pay Slips

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

somooos
Newly Registered

Different Names printed on Bank Statements & Pay Slips

Post by somooos » Sun May 17, 2009 6:17 pm

Dear All,

I'm applying for Tier-1 (Gen) Switching from Tier-2.

My name printed on my Bank statments as 'S Thati' & over my pay slips printed as 'S V Thati'. My full name on empoyement details as 'Sriram Vadan Thati'

As I'm going to provide these documents as an evidence to Home Office will they create any problem?

What could be the solution for the mentioned problem above?

Is anyone has similar situation, please reply with a remedy.

Many Thanks,
Som

push
United Kingdom

Re: Different Names printed on Bank Statements & Pay Sli

Post by push » Sun May 17, 2009 6:35 pm

somooos wrote:Dear All,

My name printed on my Bank statments as 'S Thati' & over my pay slips printed as 'S V Thati'. My full name on empoyement details as 'Sriram Vadan Thati'

As I'm going to provide these documents as an evidence to Home Office will they create any problem?

Many Thanks,
Som
That should be fine. If you really want a very peaceful sleep though, get your employer to provide you a letter per Tier-1 Guidance name. The name should be the one you have on the Bank statements.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ashokccs

Post by ashokccs » Wed May 20, 2009 7:52 am

Many Thanks,
Som
Hi Som,

Even I faced a smiliar kinda situation before applying as my surname went missing in the bank stmts... I have resolved it by asking the bank personal to update my full name before collecting the stmts and things went fine :)

Guess this is a much more easier option (if it doesn't consume time) rather than adding one more document to your application... this is purely my thought (May be there could be other ways even)

Wish U the best,
Ash.

mghe

Post by mghe » Wed May 20, 2009 9:18 am

I am also having the same issue. My bank statements have my full name but not my payslips. I have asked the employer to include a line stating that both the names in my payslip and my full name refers to one and the same person. Hope that will be enough for UKBA.

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Wed May 20, 2009 9:27 am

I am in similar situation and my employer might not provide me with any kind of letter. On bank statement its my full name (Firstname MiddleInitial and Surname) while on my pay slip its (FirstINITIAL Surname).
Do you think it can be a problem? I am going to PEO in June. If I bring my contract document; will it help?
mghe wrote:I am also having the same issue. My bank statements have my full name but not my payslips. I have asked the employer to include a line stating that both the names in my payslip and my full name refers to one and the same person. Hope that will be enough for UKBA.

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Wed May 20, 2009 10:05 am

ashokccs ,

Did you changed your details on your bank statements and got the full 12 months bank statements again? I already have 12 months bank statements; now if I change my details then I have to order all 12 statements again (which should be possible) but will it work with my application?
If I do this then my name (both on Payslips and bank statements) would be "P DESAI". Will this be fine?(or they need full name on both bank statement and payslip)!

Any help is much appriciated!
Thanks
ashokccs wrote:

Many Thanks,
Som
Hi Som,

Even I faced a smiliar kinda situation before applying as my surname went missing in the bank stmts... I have resolved it by asking the bank personal to update my full name before collecting the stmts and things went fine :)

Guess this is a much more easier option (if it doesn't consume time) rather than adding one more document to your application... this is purely my thought (May be there could be other ways even)

Wish U the best,
Ash.

ashokccs

Post by ashokccs » Wed May 20, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi PSDesai,

As you can see, my case was exactly opp as of yours, my payslips had the full name (as in passport) while the surname went missing in the bank stmts. It was a bit easy for me to change the name in the bank records.

But if you cut short your name in the bank stmts as in payslips then there is a possibility that they confront with the full name in Passport.
So suggest you to get a letter from the employer and notarise.
Catch hold your HR or Finance dept personal and get a letter stating that you are an employee of XYZ company holding the salary/savings a/c with ZYX bank mentioning the full a/c details.

Hope this would suffice.

Happy to Help.
Ash.

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Wed May 20, 2009 12:16 pm

Sorry How can I "notarise" an original letter from my employer. (sorry if this is a dumb question). How do u mean?

Thanks for the help
ashokccs wrote:Hi PSDesai,

As you can see, my case was exactly opp as of yours, my payslips had the full name (as in passport) while the surname went missing in the bank stmts. It was a bit easy for me to change the name in the bank records.

But if you cut short your name in the bank stmts as in payslips then there is a possibility that they confront with the full name in Passport.
Catch hold your HR or Finance dept personal and get a letter stating that you are an employee of XYZ company holding the salary/savings a/c with ZYX bank mentioning the full a/c details.

Hope this would suffice.

Happy to Help.
Ash.

ashokccs

Post by ashokccs » Thu May 21, 2009 2:27 pm

psdesai wrote:Sorry How can I "notarise" an original letter from my employer. (sorry if this is a dumb question). How do u mean?

Thanks for the help
ashokccs wrote:Hi PSDesai,

Hope this would suffice.

Happy to Help.
Ash.
Hi PSDesai,

Sorry it was my fault, actually you are right dont require to notarise the original copy... your application will be fine with the HR letter and do mention the name mismatch cearly in your covering letters (this is very imp) it is always better to keep everything open rather allowing the case worker to feel deceived.

If possible try to convince your HR to update the name on the payslips, if not go with the above suggestion.

All the best,
Ash.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu May 21, 2009 3:01 pm

It should be fine. I had the same issue where my payslips had my name whereas my bank statement contain my initials and surname. This was accepted.

Many Thanks,
Som

alladin
United Kingdom

Post by alladin » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:48 pm

chetanojha wrote:It should be fine. I had the same issue where my payslips had my name whereas my bank statement contain my initials and surname. This was accepted.

Many Thanks,
Som

Hello,

Regarding the forename and Surname issue., please advice me on my following problem::
My fore name has 2 parts and surname also 2 parts (eg:: forename is Luke kennedy and Surname is Alpha Beta). But in all the 12 bank statements, the account name is given as Luke Alpha Beta; while ommitting Kennedy. But in the other communications with the bank, they keep the full 4 parts of the name.

I am planning for extension shortly and should I go and ask the bank for a letter. Is anyone aware about any letter of this type saying that "the account Luke Alpha Beta is held by Luke Kennedy Alpha Beta".

Or can this be considered normal where 2nd part of the first name is not considered very important.

Please , if some one can give their thoughts on this.

thanks,
alladin

london_prem

Post by london_prem » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Is it ok for Tier 1 extension if name on the following 3 documents doesn't match exactly?

1) Name on Passport: Paul Smith

2) Bank Statement: P Smith

3) Payslip: P Smith

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:37 pm

london_prem wrote:Is it ok for Tier 1 extension if name on the following 3 documents doesn't match exactly?

1) Name on Passport: Paul Smith

2) Bank Statement: P Smith

3) Payslip: P Smith
This is not a problem. My bank statements/payslips do not have my full name as seen on my passport either & I've never faced an issue when these were submitted as evidence before.