ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Refusal for Spouse & kid

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guest_11
Newly Registered

EC Refusal for Spouse & kid

Post by guest_11 » Sat May 07, 2005 11:11 am

Hi Friends,

I had got HSMP approval in August last year, submitted for EC in November with a request for a later date, got the EC in March, left my job and would be leaving for UK in May. In the Gulf when I applied, they informed me to file my wife's & kids application in Bombay as they were not travelling with me.

I applied for my wife and infant son's EC here in Bombay as I thought it would be better if I complete the process saving them the hassle of going and standing in queue.

I showed my finances and indicated that they would be staying with my sister in London. But the EC was refused with 2 clauses:
1. Not satisfied that there will be adequate Accommodation
2. Not satisfied that we will be able to maintain ourselves adequately ( I had shown finances of about UK 25,000 of myself & parents)

I did not mention in the application that I have not yet left for London and that I would be leaving this month.

Should I appeal or wait till I get a job in UK, move to a rented place and then send the documents and apply again for EC for my wife & infant child?

My sis had sent the mortgage papers but since when I had applied in the Gulf they didn't ask me for it, I did not submit it. I thought they would ask me if they required. The refusal came as a shock as I never imagined that our application would be refused as we have travelled to a few other places. The worst I thought was they would call my wife for an interview.

The funds I had shown was presented with proof. ABout 12K was liquid funds and the remaining some other investments.

I had also submitted my original HSMP approval paper and I noticed that they have not given it back. DO THEY KEEP IT WITH THEM as I cannot call and ask them, today being Saturday?

Does rejection means that our chances of getting an approval are slim later on? The bad thing is that there is now a mark in our pp that our application was rejected and we would have to mention that everytime we want to go to some place.

One more thing. Since they have not returned the HSMP approval letter and rejected my wife & child's EC would there be any problem for me at immigration when I go to London this month?

Thanks in advance

tgs

Post by tgs » Sat May 07, 2005 3:02 pm

Best to apply again for EC when you have a job in the UK.

The Immigration officer won't ask for the HSMP letter.

dokwal
BANNED

Post by dokwal » Sun May 08, 2005 7:30 pm

relax

you come uk and search a job and a double room flat for you and your family exclusively and try again

salary should around 1500 -to 1800 pm

rgds

makon

Post by makon » Wed May 11, 2005 7:42 am

i agreed with what others have said. come in first and secure a flat then send d tenancy agreement. before the agreement is drawn up tell the letting agency to list your wife and child as a Permitted Occupier, then send it to ur wife to apply for EC