ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! Ongoing appeal: apply for Tier 4 in the meantime?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

minmean
Newly Registered

Help! Ongoing appeal: apply for Tier 4 in the meantime?

Post by minmean » Mon May 18, 2009 11:27 am

I applied for settlement under the unmarried partners rule recently and was refused. It has since gone forward for appeal. The reasons they refused my application ranged from insufficient evidence to show that me and my partner live together for 4 years, that he had difficulties showing sufficient income (since he is self employed) etc. I did not break any immigration rules for them to deny me settlement.

I have since been accepted to a university in London to pursue my Masters. I also have the money to pay for my fees and to maintain myself (ie. 800 pounds a month) for the duration of my course. While my appeal is going forward to the AIT, am I allowed to apply for Tier 4 visa?
How does the previous refusal affect my current chance at Tier 4?
I am genuinely going to study in the UK. In my previous application for settlement, I had made it clear that should I get the visa, I would be pursuing further studies.
My partner is currently in the UK and I will be truthful in my Tier 4 application when asked about my unmarried partner. Will the ECM think that I am trying to enter the UK at all cost? Can the ECM deny me a student visa even if I get all the points needed?

Please help. Thank you very much