ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Administrative Review under the Points-based System (PBS)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

panchal
Newly Registered

Post by panchal » Mon May 18, 2009 8:08 pm

can anyone tell me how much time does it takes for visa stamp after getting approval letter from british deputy high commission.

as i got the approval letter on 22/04/09 have submited my passport with my approval letter on 23/04/09 but as on date 18/05/09 no answer from VFS. The status show Your visa application has been forwarded to British High Commission

Letter from British deputy high commission is given below

You applied for entry clearance to the United Kingdom under Tier 1: General INSERT TIER AND CATEGORY] of the Points Based System. Your application was assessed against the qualifying criteria. After examining the evidence provided it was refused on 19 March 2009. [date]. Your request for Administrative Review, dated 08 April 2009 [date] was received on 09 April 2009. [date].

This letter is being sent from a different entry clearance post to the one that considered your original entry clearance application. This is to ensure the independence of the Administrative Review.] Delete as appropriate

I have reviewed your application and the original documentary evidence provided. I am pleased to confirm that you have now been awarded the required number of points and your application can be granted. Details of my decision are attached to this letter.

Entry clearance will now be granted. Please forward your passport to VFS (see web site www.vfs-uk.co.in for timings and the centre nearest to you) to enable us to attach your visa.

[You are not subject to any work restrictions except as a doctor in training. You are not entitled to claim any public funds as defined in Paragraph 6 of the Immigration Rules.] Delete as appropriate

Yours sincerely,

Administrative Reviewer

push
United Kingdom

Re: Administrative Review under the Points-based System (PBS

Post by push » Mon May 18, 2009 8:12 pm

panchal wrote:can anyone tell me how much time does it takes for visa stamp after getting approval letter from british deputy high commission.

as i got the approval letter on 22/04/09 have submited my passport with my approval letter on 23/04/09 but as on date 18/05/09 no answer from VFS. The status show Your visa application has been forwarded to British High Commission

Letter from British deputy high commission is given below

You applied for entry clearance to the United Kingdom under Tier 1: General INSERT TIER AND CATEGORY] of the Points Based System. Your application was assessed against the qualifying criteria. After examining the evidence provided it was refused on 19 March 2009. [date]. Your request for Administrative Review, dated 08 April 2009 [date] was received on 09 April 2009. [date].

This letter is being sent from a different entry clearance post to the one that considered your original entry clearance application. This is to ensure the independence of the Administrative Review.] Delete as appropriate

I have reviewed your application and the original documentary evidence provided. I am pleased to confirm that you have now been awarded the required number of points and your application can be granted. Details of my decision are attached to this letter.

Entry clearance will now be granted. Please forward your passport to VFS (see web site www.vfs-uk.co.in for timings and the centre nearest to you) to enable us to attach your visa.

[You are not subject to any work restrictions except as a doctor in training. You are not entitled to claim any public funds as defined in Paragraph 6 of the Immigration Rules.] Delete as appropriate

Yours sincerely,

Administrative Reviewer
Should not take more than 2 days. I have no experience in this matter however, I know that once they decide to grant a VISA, they stamp the passport almost on the same day.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

panchal
Newly Registered

Post by panchal » Mon May 18, 2009 8:19 pm

thanks

but worried why it is taking so long for just a stamp

and nobody answer my emails also bombay.visaenquiries@fco.gov.uk have send couple of emails also

1n1le

Post by 1n1le » Tue May 19, 2009 5:01 am

Hi Panchal, can you please tell me on what grounds they refused? Mine got refused in previous earnings and haved applied for review and yet no reply.
THanks

panchal
Newly Registered

Post by panchal » Tue May 19, 2009 5:49 am

(Hi Panchal, can you please tell me on what grounds they refused? Mine got refused in previous earnings and haved applied for review and yet no reply.
THanks)

hi it got refused in previous earnings as they had said that ur bank statment it show as salary every month and bank statment are not proper

it got approved in 14 days

getbharath

Post by getbharath » Thu May 21, 2009 5:55 pm

Hello panchal,

My Tier 1 VISA got refused based on the maintenance grounds statement. I had provided a statement from the bank tat was a printout with all the necessary info and well attested with bank seal and signature of the official. I applied for the admin review on April 17th. Can you please let me know my chance of entry cleanrce.

Your information would be highly appreciated.

bharath

panchal
Newly Registered

Post by panchal » Fri May 22, 2009 2:09 pm

hi getbharath

i think u will get it if ur statment pirnt out are sign and stamp from ur bank

wish u good luck

ssheik
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Admin review

Post by ssheik » Sun May 24, 2009 9:56 am

Hi Panchal,
My sister got her Tier 1 visa after an admin review. Chennai consulate took 10 working days after receiving the passport to stamp the visa.
Do not worry if they dont respond to your mails. Irrespective of the responses, they will send you the stamped passport after 10 working days.
Regards,
Sami.

1n1le

Post by 1n1le » Mon May 25, 2009 6:54 pm

@panchal @ssheik,

how many days or months does it take as a maximum for admin review to take a decision.

Thanks, appreciate your help.

panchal
Newly Registered

Post by panchal » Tue May 26, 2009 2:43 pm

around 20 to 30 days

getbharath

Post by getbharath » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:27 pm

Hello Panchal,

Can you please tell me the tenure of an admin review process.
I applied on April 17th for admin review to BHC, chennai and till date no response.

Also please let me know as to how would they intimate us about their decision on admin review.
My maintenance statement was a print out by the bank itself. It has all the logo, account details , etc but on a plain A4 paper.. and stamped and signed by the official.

Awaits your valuable feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Bharath

panchal
Newly Registered

Post by panchal » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:14 pm

mine it took 12 days
but generally it takes up to 3 month
they will send u approval letter by post
and ur evidence is sufficient
getbharath wrote:Hello Panchal,

Can you please tell me the tenure of an admin review process.
I applied on April 17th for admin review to BHC, chennai and till date no response.

Also please let me know as to how would they intimate us about their decision on admin review.
My maintenance statement was a print out by the bank itself. It has all the logo, account details , etc but on a plain A4 paper.. and stamped and signed by the official.

Awaits your valuable feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Bharath

1n1le

Post by 1n1le » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:45 pm

But when I email the review board in May first week they said they are currently reviewing the application filed in december and this week when I emailed and asked for the status, they say that the February month applications are reviewed.
Is it true that they will not even look at the complexity of the case when filed, if they have pending applications? but then how did panchal's case got thru. I am confused and a lot of plannings and commitments are pending and are to be decided based on this result.

Please someone clarify.

Thanks

getbharath

Post by getbharath » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:15 pm

Hello 1n1le,

I had received a mail from the BHC,chennai when I applied for AR in the month of April (17th) conveying that they were reviewing the pending logs of JAN'09. Thats it. They also apologiesed for the delay.

Then on no response at all.

Cheers,
Bharath

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:09 pm

getbharath wrote:Hello 1n1le,

I had received a mail from the BHC,chennai when I applied for AR in the month of April (17th) conveying that they were reviewing the pending logs of JAN'09. Thats it. They also apologiesed for the delay.

Then on no response at all.

Cheers,
Bharath
Dont be disheartened by the dates they quote as not many ppl apply for a review.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

getbharath

Post by getbharath » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:47 am

Dear Push_hsmp,

Fortunately I got the line to BHC, chennai today. when I spoke to them , the lady just checked the status with my passport number and replied me the same story like we have received your forms bla bla.....

I asked her again "when can i expect the decision?" may be atleast next month. She replied they cannot assure on the time line and confirmed me that it would take more time as there is huge stack of backlogs.

I am very much irritated with them. They've published in the policy saying it would not take more than 28 working days. But my case I find it going beyond 3 months tenure.

As you are already aware , I applied in the mid of April'09. The PBS team chennai sent me a mail confirming the recept of my forms and also said they were then reviewing January AR applicants.

Today the lady from BHC says it will take more than 3 months. I am totally confused. Did I do a mistake by applying for AR? Please help me .

Bharath.

arun.matcha
Newly Registered

Admin review approved, document needs to be sent

Post by arun.matcha » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:13 am

Hi Panchal/All,

I have received the entry clearance approval from UK Home office after the admin review. They have asked me to forward the passport for visa. What are all the documents I need to send along with the passport?
Appreciate your help on this

regards
Arun

panchal
Newly Registered

Re: Admin review approved, document needs to be sent

Post by panchal » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:16 am

arun.matcha wrote:Hi Panchal/All,

I have received the entry clearance approval from UK Home office after the admin review. They have asked me to forward the passport for visa. What are all the documents I need to send along with the passport?
Appreciate your help on this

regards
Arun
you have to send your passport and approval letter only

arun.matcha
Newly Registered

Post by arun.matcha » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:41 pm

I guess photographs are required. When they have rejected first time, they have sent all along with photographs.
Any ways thanks Panchal for the info

regards
Arun

becky
Newly Registered

Re: Admin review approved, document needs to be sent

Post by becky » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:40 pm

to arun.matcha

hi,

do you mind if i ask you how many days did it take to get a visa since you applied administrative review?
i sent it 3 weeks ago and havent hear from anything. it says they will contact me within 28 days, so you think i can believe it?

thanks alot

becky

arun.matcha
Newly Registered

Post by arun.matcha » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:25 pm

Hi Becky,

Yes you can believe so, I have applied in US. It took close to 23 days for me. So you can wait till 28 days.

@Panchal,

Do I need to keep any covering letter when I post my passport? If so do you have any format can share with me?

regards
Arun

getbharath

Post by getbharath » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:29 pm

Hello Arun,

Could you please let me know the admin process time. When did you apply and when did u recieve the approval letter. Also please let us know the case in detail like on what grounds was your application rejected initially?

Your information would of great help. Please reply me.

Bharath

arun.matcha
Newly Registered

Post by arun.matcha » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:27 pm

Bharat,

Mine was silly reason. I have shown UK, Indian, and partly US earnings for my previous earnings. For Indian salary to equalize to the UK earnings there is a uplift ration 5.3 to multiply with. I have done the calculation but forgot to mention why Im doing it. Just because of that the case worker rejected my case. And in Admin review I have mentioned in detail on how I arrived at the points. Finally granted.

It take minof 3 weeks time to reply, my case is the same. Now IM going for visa. But just thinking is there any letter I have to send them.

regards
Arun

getbharath

Post by getbharath » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:25 pm

Arun,

I've already mentioned the reason for the refusal of my application (maintenance fund bank letter). Now the ar has been filed stating that I comply with the norms of UKBA as of date of application. It was an internet printout by the bank itself but attested by them.

I heard we are not supposed to send any additional documents to the BHC. But some senior people say it is okay to send a bank letter now confirming the genuinity as it would be considered as supporting document.

Could you please let me know you opinion

BHarath

amsey1382
Newly Registered

Preparing for admin review

Post by amsey1382 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi,
I'm preparing the document for the admin review, mine was refused on the basis that the printout doesn't contain the logo of the bank on the statements though it was signed and stamped.
I've put down the reasoning as:
1. Bank sends the statements on e-mail ID on a monthly cycle basis and any further statement request is considered as a duplicate statement. The standard format to issue such duplicate statement bears a stamp and signature of the bank authorities and hence authenticated.
The normal dot-matrix print out format, in which I’ve submitted the statements, is the standard format in which ICICI and HDFC bank issues the statements (enclosed you find the letters from the respective banks confirming this fact)

2. To establish the authenticity of my Bank A/c statements (which I’ve submitted), Bank is ready to verify any request from British High commission, if contacted. (enclosed you find the visiting card of the contact person and letter confirming that)

3. In order to further corroborate my previously submitted bank statements, I requested bank to issue me statements again for the same period (enclosing the statements from both the banks for the same period)

4. Apart from the main cause of refusal, I noticed a discrepancy in refusal letter under the Point claimed section about my age. I’ve claimed 20 points for my age (enclosed a XEROX copy of the application which I submitted) but the refusal letter states that I’ve not claimed any point hence no point was awarded (Date of Birth on passport could be used to establish this).

Do you think, is it sufficient or do i need to state any further information?

Any help is highly appriciated..

Cheers