ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visit Visa Appeal Allowed but no Call Letter?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sherlypk

Family Visit Visa Appeal Allowed but no Call Letter?

Post by sherlypk » Tue May 19, 2009 1:37 pm

Hi ,

My mother family visit visa appeal is allowed in 18 March 2009 but we are still waiting for Call Letter to be issued.

I have email so many time to British High Commission in Islamabad Pakistan but there is no response.

Any idea guys how long it normally take for call letter and any number I can contact to get more information apart Gerrys which they never picked up..

Regards,

Sherly

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue May 19, 2009 2:53 pm

Any idea guys how long it normally take for call letter and any number I can contact to get more information apart Gerrys which they never picked up.
I think you have some wait to go yet. It can take up to four months or so before the BHC issue the visa.

Keep emailing BHC at Islamabad, not Gerrys, as this is only a collection point..

Scan the Adjudicators decision and attach a copy of it with the email.
There is a good chance that the HO has probally not yet notified BHC of the outcome.

The BHC wont do anything till they get this notification and instruction from HO, and even when they do it get, they certainly dont rush off their feet to issue visa.

So keep bombarding them with emails.

If and when you get the call letter they will ask you to bring your passport,TB certificate and the date you want to travel...... so have these ready.

In total you are talking between 4-6 months after the appeal hearing, before your loved ones arrive in the UK.

Look on the bright side, at least it will be summer and nice warm weather when your family come here

sherlypk

Post by sherlypk » Wed May 20, 2009 12:14 pm

Thanks for your reply Khan.

I am emailing BHC every week. I have already sent them the decision letter through email as well as surface mail.

I tried to contact by phone but they transferred it to Gerry's so no help at all.

Someone advice me to write to your MP I dont know whether it helps or not but I am planning to do that.

My mother is coming for visit for 6 months does she need TB certificate ? As fas as I know it only requires for visit more than 6 months.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 20, 2009 12:38 pm

Yes by all means approach an MP ( if you can find one at the moment, because some of them cant face their constituents :lol: :D ). A letter from him will just t add a bit more pressure.

No she doesnt need a TB certificate if she is a vistor.

I have heard on the grapevine that some staff at various BHC, totally ignore clear instructions that the visa be issued soon after the Appeal hearing, rather than waiting 3 - 4 months, because they are pissed off with the Courts decision....... I dont know how much of that is true, but listening to yours and other similar stories, I am begining to believe that this might be true