ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help: previous earnings 2nd proof (payslip and P60 / letter)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eversmann
United Kingdom

help: previous earnings 2nd proof (payslip and P60 / letter)

Post by eversmann » Tue May 19, 2009 3:02 pm

Hi All,

I have payslips and can get a letter from the employer, but as for the example in the website they are from the same source:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... documents/ --- see last paragraph under How many documents you should send.

I can't obtain bank statements, Therefore I've waited for the P60 and trying to use it with the payslips. But in the tier 1 guidance document - para 139 - it says: an applicant should not send payslips together with a P60, because we consider both of these documents to be from the same source.

In that case, all payslips, P60 and letter from employer are the same source? can anyone confirm this with your experience / clarification you've got from home office.

many thanks in advance.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: help: previous earnings 2nd proof (payslip and P60 / let

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue May 19, 2009 3:08 pm

Yes, Payslips-Employer Letter-P60 are the same source.

Why you cannot produce Bank Statement?
eversmann wrote:Hi All,

I have payslips and can get a letter from the employer, but as for the example in the website they are from the same source:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... documents/ --- see last paragraph under How many documents you should send.

I can't obtain bank statements, Therefore I've waited for the P60 and trying to use it with the payslips. But in the tier 1 guidance document - para 139 - it says: an applicant should not send payslips together with a P60, because we consider both of these documents to be from the same source.

In that case, all payslips, P60 and letter from employer are the same source? can anyone confirm this with your experience / clarification you've got from home office.

many thanks in advance.

eversmann
United Kingdom

Post by eversmann » Tue May 19, 2009 3:15 pm

thanks for the quick reply.

i have the bank statements, but some of them have overdrafts (but have the 800 pound maintainance funds in a seperate account correctly).

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue May 19, 2009 3:23 pm

You can use account with overdraft to prove earnings.As earning will reflect in this account.

For maintenance funds, you can use different account in which you are maintaining funds.

So in summary:

You have

1. Payslips + Letter from Employer
2. Bank Statements corroborating payslips (overdraft account which is fine).

3. Another account statement in which you are maintaining sufficient funds.

I think you are in a good shape.
eversmann wrote:thanks for the quick reply.

i have the bank statements, but some of them have overdrafts (but have the 800 pound maintainance funds in a seperate account correctly).

eversmann
United Kingdom

Post by eversmann » Tue May 19, 2009 3:30 pm

great! thanks for sharing your experience.

anybody else reading, just wanna clarify from chetanojha's last post- only need one of these below (payslip OR letter from employer)

Many Thanks

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue May 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Can i ask how much overdrawn you are on the salary account..

there is a thread on similar issue .. but there the poster has £800 maintenance funds in some other account and current account over drawn by the same amount.. .. if thats the case just re-think...

but if you are overdrawn for few days in a month, it should be fine.. again depends on the caseworker..

Not sure if i am correct.. but i have read somewhere that OD facility is considered as public funds.. (Seniors can you please clerify?)
chetanojha wrote:You can use account with overdraft to prove earnings.As earning will reflect in this account.

For maintenance funds, you can use different account in which you are maintaining funds.

So in summary:

You have

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue May 19, 2009 4:42 pm

Hi nksg,

I remember the post you are referring to. The issue in that post was that main applicant was regularly overdrawn and was trying to bring his family from India.

Regarding, OD - I would doubt it is considered as public funds. This is a service provided by bank for a reasonable charges.
nksg wrote:Can i ask how much overdrawn you are on the salary account..

there is a thread on similar issue .. but there the poster has £800 maintenance funds in some other account and current account over drawn by the same amount.. .. if thats the case just re-think...

but if you are overdrawn for few days in a month, it should be fine.. again depends on the caseworker..

Not sure if i am correct.. but i have read somewhere that OD facility is considered as public funds.. (Seniors can you please clerify?)

eversmann
United Kingdom

Post by eversmann » Tue May 19, 2009 4:44 pm

hi nksg, thanks for the comments... this thread i only started to clarify the p60 / employer letter / payslip confusion..

the OD question was answerd by a senior (in detail) before:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Many Thanks

chetanojha wrote:You can use account with overdraft to prove earnings.As earning will reflect in this account.

So in summary:

You have

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Tue May 19, 2009 5:11 pm

eversmann Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:30 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

great! thanks for sharing your experience.

anybody else reading, just wanna clarify from chetanojha's last post- only need one of these below (payslip OR letter from employer)

Many Thanks

yep i agree
:-)

inna

Post by inna » Tue May 19, 2009 5:27 pm

The whole section on 'previous earnings' is so unclear. I just got my visa rejected on it as the 2 forms of proof were the 'same source'.

The application form makes it look like payslips, letters, P60s etc are all different forms of proof! P60 really shouldn't even be an option as it needs to correlate with an exact 12 month period.

I have no idea why the form doesn't say...
"you MUST supply bank statements and one of these: payslips / letter from employer / etc"
...as there is no way around not having bank statements.

The maintenance thing is a bit confusing as well... you could be approved if you have one account with £800 in, one account in overdraft and a credit card with huge amounts of debt. Doesn't really prove all that much in terms of supporting yourself.

:evil:

overdraft
Newly Registered

Post by overdraft » Tue May 19, 2009 5:39 pm

So in summary:

You have

Dear eversmann------I had the same problem in the post and my account to prove the earnings was in constant overdraft of about £1000 for 5 months, but i have shown another account with maintaince funds for the last three months and my visa has been approved with out any problems
So you can use your bank statements or P60 or Wageslips

eversmann
United Kingdom

Post by eversmann » Tue May 19, 2009 5:48 pm

great. thanks for sharing...
Dear eversmann------I had the same problem in the post and my account to prove the earnings was in constant overdraft of about £1000 for 5 months, but i have shown another account with maintaince funds for the last three months and my visa has been approved with out any problems
So you can use your bank statements or P60 or Wageslips