ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP ILR JR NEW POLICY

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

f2k
Diamond Member

HSMP ILR JR NEW POLICY

Post by f2k » Tue May 19, 2009 6:07 pm

1963British

Post by 1963British » Tue May 19, 2009 6:50 pm

I am amazed they released it a day early.

Based on first read, it looks like good news all around for HSMP holders.

Also appears that they will not have to take Life in the UK for ILR.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue May 19, 2009 7:02 pm

i think they will try to get some political mileage by claiming they released the policy b4 they had to.

The only thing is that i have had a look at the form and i cant see anything different as they claim. The immigration rules are still to be changed so i wouldnt be surprised when those who will be lucky enough to get through tomorow morning will to be told by the operators 'we are not aware of any policy changes'

good to see they about the LIUK test and will be refunding those who have had to apply for an extension

MrBaboo

Post by MrBaboo » Tue May 19, 2009 7:24 pm

f2k wrote:The only thing is that i have had a look at the form and i cant see anything different as they claim.
I think they've released the policy but forgot to release the updated forms (dated 04/2009)

I have some serious issues with the guidance that I've discussed here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 334#255334

mnaqvi
Newly Registered

Post by mnaqvi » Tue May 19, 2009 7:54 pm

MrBaboo wrote:
f2k wrote:The only thing is that i have had a look at the form and i cant see anything different as they claim.
I think they've released the policy but forgot to release the updated forms (dated 04/2009)

I have some serious issues with the guidance that I've discussed here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 334#255334
Agreed . form is not updated

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue May 19, 2009 8:36 pm

I am not sure what time they put this on their website, in a way it looks like they have 'hidden' it on the website. Its not in the 'latest news' section nor the Residency section for which it applies, i just hope the phone operators have been informed.
Last edited by f2k on Tue May 19, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Tue May 19, 2009 8:54 pm

Form and Guidance note have not been updated yet

kiwi_in_the_uk

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk » Tue May 19, 2009 8:57 pm

Nor do they seem to have made special arrangements for applying - eg a cheap fast-track, like the HSMP forum requested.

decentguy_uk

Post by decentguy_uk » Wed May 20, 2009 7:13 am

As a work permit holder, my blood is boiling...

But good job HSMPians....I think this new rule is all good for you guys....

hsmp_victory

Post by hsmp_victory » Wed May 20, 2009 7:39 am

Does it mean that if a person got a HSMP in March 2006, but got his extension in March 2007 without using thr previous JR and got extension for 4 years in not covered by this?

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Wed May 20, 2009 7:52 am

hsmp_victory wrote:Does it mean that if a person got a HSMP in March 2006, but got his extension in March 2007 without using thr previous JR and got extension for 4 years in not covered by this?
hsmp_victory,

How did you come to this conclusion? I think as along as your HSMP application was granted based on application submitted before 3 april 2007, you are covered by this policy.

hsmp_victory

Post by hsmp_victory » Wed May 20, 2009 8:23 am

UKBA is very good in playing games with people's lives. I would like to draw you attention to the wordings below.

You fall into this group if:

1. you were initially granted entry clearance or permission to stay in the United Kingdom for one year under the HSMP requirements;
2. you then extended that initial permission by a further three years; and
3. you then had to make a second extension application in order to complete five years continuous residence in the United Kingdom, but you have not yet reached the point of applying for settlement.

It clearly says that you qualify if you fall into the above category, remember they are also including the fact on how you got your extension. All they needed to say was "You fall into this group if you got the visa before 3rd April 2006".
Why use so many bullet points and conditions? Remember UKBA are using similar strategy in CB as well. They think we dont understand their language. I can assure you if HSMP doesnot reject this policy it will still create problems for some of pre-Aprill 2006 applicant in future. May be there is still a room for 3rd JR in future.

And JK it is APril 2006 not 2007. I am sure it was just a typo.

mnaqvi
Newly Registered

Post by mnaqvi » Wed May 20, 2009 9:30 am

hsmp_victory wrote:UKBA is very good in playing games with people's lives. I would like to draw you attention to the wordings below.

1. you were initially granted entry clearance or permission to stay in the United Kingdom for one year under the HSMP requirements;
3. you then had to make a second extension application in order to complete five years continuous residence in the United Kingdom, but you have not yet reached the point of applying for settlement.

It clearly says that you qualify if you fall into the above category, remember they are also including the fact on how you got your extension. All they needed to say was "You fall into this group if you got the visa before 3rd April 2006".
Why use so many bullet points and conditions? Remember UKBA are using similar strategy in CB as well. They think we dont understand their language. I can assure you if HSMP doesnot reject this policy it will still create problems for some of pre-Aprill 2006 applicant in future. May be there is still a room for 3rd JR in future.

Forms updated , not much in set (0) but guidance certainly updated.

hsmp_victory

Post by hsmp_victory » Wed May 20, 2009 9:46 am

I dont think anything is updated yet though it says 05/2009 on the link but the forms inside are still version 04/2009. May be we might have to wait for sometime for correct forms.

hsmp_victory

Post by hsmp_victory » Wed May 20, 2009 10:17 am

hsmp_victory wrote:UKBA is very good in playing games with people's lives. I would like to draw you attention to the wordings below.

I apologize for raising this concern. Although it is not clear on the website on who is covered but the policy document para 15 covers people on 1+4 Visa.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed May 20, 2009 11:00 am

hsmp_victory wrote:
I dont think anything is updated yet though it says 05/2009 on the link but the forms inside are still version 04/2009. May be we might have to wait for sometime for correct forms.
Something have been updated in the guidance notes, see http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... to0409.pdf

Cheers

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Wed May 20, 2009 3:33 pm

iyanu wrote:hsmp_victory wrote:
Something have been updated in the guidance notes, see http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... to0409.pdf

Cheers

Does this mean people who got initial 1 year approval ( before april 2006) and later on 4 year extension are'nt valid ????? i dont think so as per below URL

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... review-09/

Migrants who will soon have completed four years' continuous residence in the United Kingdom in a qualifying category
You fall into this group if: you were initially granted entry clearance or permission to stay in the United Kingdom under the HSMP requirements, for one year (if your application was approved before 3 April 2006) or two years (if your application was made before 3 April 2006 but not approved until after that date); and you then successfully applied to extend your stay by either three or four years, but you have not yet reached the point of applying for settlement.

5 years or 4 years in the highly skilled migrant category.
The 4-year qualifying period applies only to applications
made under the terms of the HSMP indefinite leave to
remain judicial review policy document. Those terms apply
only if you were given permission to stay as a highly skilled
migrant after applying before 3 April 2006. All other highly
skilled migrant applications are subject to the 5-year period.
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed May 20, 2009 4:55 pm

hsmp_victory wrote:I dont think anything is updated yet though it says 05/2009 on the link but the forms inside are still version 04/2009. May be we might have to wait for sometime for correct forms.
Forms 'now' updated.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... to0409.pdf

munisa

Post by munisa » Thu May 21, 2009 6:35 am

f2k wrote:
hsmp_victory wrote:I dont think anything is updated yet though it says 05/2009 on the link but the forms inside are still version 04/2009. May be we might have to wait for sometime for correct forms.
Forms 'now' updated.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... to0409.pdf
The new form doesnt have page 4. Does anyone know why or it is just another incompetence from HO people?
A Good Opportunity never occurs twice!

GoodFun

Post by GoodFun » Fri May 22, 2009 1:27 am

Only the page numbering is incorrect. Page 4 is also labelled as Page 3.