ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring family visitor, alternative to bank statements?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sam_uk
Newly Registered

Sponsoring family visitor, alternative to bank statements?

Post by sam_uk » Wed May 20, 2009 11:20 am

Hi everybody,

I am not sure if I am writing on the right forum but correct me if I am wrong. I am on HSMP in UK at the moment and have to send the sponsoring documents to some relative back home. As I understand, sending the bank statements is a part of the sponsoring documents. But, I don't feel comfortable with sharing my bank statements with anybody except my wife. Is there a way round this problem or sending the bank statments is my only option.

Best Regards,

Sam

flygirl

Re: Sponsoring family visitor, alternative to bank statement

Post by flygirl » Wed May 20, 2009 2:22 pm

sam_uk wrote:Hi everybody,

I am not sure if I am writing on the right forum but correct me if I am wrong. I am on HSMP in UK at the moment and have to send the sponsoring documents to some relative back home. As I understand, sending the bank statements is a part of the sponsoring documents. But, I don't feel comfortable with sharing my bank statements with anybody except my wife. Is there a way round this problem or sending the bank statments is my only option.

Best Regards,

Sam
I don't think there's any way round sending the bank statements. I just send the summary cover page of my statement - not the actual day to day breakdown of expenses. I learnt this from my dad. He always sent the summary page to the embassy for us to travel, proof he could afford our fees etc. So naturally, we were not able to know how much he earns or exactly how much he had (he could have more than one account for all we knew etc.) so we were always left guessing. His privacy was secure, but it satisfied the embassies. Never had a problem with it.

Maybe just add some utility bills as proof of address (if you are accomodating them) and a nice letter. Some people say send in your tenancy agreement, but mine is about 15 pages long! Hope this helps

Sten

Post by Sten » Wed May 20, 2009 4:33 pm

flygirl wrote:I don't think there's any way round sending the bank statements. I just send the summary cover page of my statement - not the actual day to day breakdown of expenses.
It is strange that they accept it, having no money you can ask you friend to transfer you 10K one day before statement issue date and then transfer it back a couple of days later ...
Good luck !

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed May 20, 2009 9:57 pm

True.I have seen few people doing this. Don't know if this is still the case.
Sten wrote:
flygirl wrote:I don't think there's any way round sending the bank statements. I just send the summary cover page of my statement - not the actual day to day breakdown of expenses.
It is strange that they accept it, having no money you can ask you friend to transfer you 10K one day before statement issue date and then transfer it back a couple of days later ...