ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for a work permit?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zebra3

Can I apply for a work permit?

Post by zebra3 » Thu May 21, 2009 7:28 pm

I have a pending application FLR(M) marriage, can I ask my solicitor to write to home office and ask if I can get a work permit while they are looking at my case?

My solicitor said it may take up to 2 years to get to hear anything from the HO other than the ackoledgement letters and any other info they may request.

I have submitted the form in Nov 08

Thanks for you help

Zebra3

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Can I apply for a work permit?

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 21, 2009 7:37 pm

zebra3 wrote:I have a pending application FLR(M) marriage, can I ask my solicitor to write to home office and ask if I can get a work permit while they are looking at my case?

My solicitor said it may take up to 2 years to get to hear anything from the HO other than the ackoledgement letters and any other info they may request.

I have submitted the form in Nov 08

Thanks for you help

Zebra3
For what skills?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

zebra3

Post by zebra3 » Thu May 21, 2009 7:41 pm

as part of my marriage, if the application is accepted they will automatically give me the right to work as I am married to a british citizen?
I thought I just ask if I have an FLR M application pending and while I am waiting can I ask if I can work.

Thanks

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu May 21, 2009 8:37 pm

A work permit is a type of leave for employment, I do not think you want apply for that. See your solicitor and discuss if you can ask for permission to work becuase you have no permission to work (or be in the UK)