ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

London to Dublin with UK Visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jaimeet
Newly Registered

London to Dublin with UK Visa

Post by Jaimeet » Thu May 21, 2009 9:02 pm

I am an Indian citizen with a multiple entry 6 month tourist visa for the UK, I read somewhere that I will not need a separate visa to enter Ireland (Dublin), I plan to go there from London. Is this true?

thanks!

LuasPassenger

Re: London to Dublin with UK Visa

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu May 21, 2009 9:22 pm

Jaimeet wrote:I am an Indian citizen with a multiple entry 6 month tourist visa for the UK, I read somewhere that I will not need a separate visa to enter Ireland (Dublin), I plan to go there from London. Is this true?

thanks!
This is not true. You DO need an Irish visa (even if you have a UK visa) to travel to the Republic of Ireland. The UK visa would only be valid for Northern Ireland.

americanboy
Newly Registered

Re: London to Dublin with UK Visa

Post by americanboy » Fri May 22, 2009 11:29 am

[quote="Jaimeet"]I am an Indian citizen with a multiple entry 6 month tourist visa for the UK, I read somewhere that I will not need a separate visa to enter Ireland (Dublin), I plan to go there from London. Is this true?

yes you do need a visa to come to ireland. ireland and the uk are 2 separate contries.a uk visa is not valid in ireland.
apply for a irish visa tourist