ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Subsidiary protection

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Subsidiary protection

Post by zaza7625 » Thu May 21, 2009 11:31 pm

4 years ago I applied for asylum seeker,but unfortunately I was denied as on the first interview as on tribunal as well.Now my case is on hummanitarian. I have a child born in Ireland with irish passport. My free solicitor applied for subsidiary protection for me,accordingly solicitor attached child`s birth certificate on my case. My solicitor does not even want to answer my calls,so I don` t realy know whether she applied for subsidiary protection for me or not. no notification delivered to me from immigration and naturalization service saying that solicitor has applied for subsidairy protection

I don` t know what to do because I am stuck

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Fri May 22, 2009 9:35 am

I think you should go and get some advice from Organisations that are very familiar with the Refugee Application procesess, either by phone or in person (offices in Dublin): e.g.

Migrant Rights Centre of Ireland (MRCI): http://www.mrci.ie/
Immigrant Council of Ireland (ICI): http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/
Irish Refugee Council: http://www.irishrefugeecouncil.ie/
Refugee Information Service: http://www.ris.ie/

Yakoo
Newly Registered

4 years

Post by Yakoo » Thu May 28, 2009 6:48 pm

if I am correct you applied for asylum in 2005 and failed, that seem to me to be a rather long period for you to be at the stage of subsidiary protection, anyway your application for subsidiary protection will most likely fail.
what your lawyer needs to help you apply for is "leave to remain" in Ireland on the basis of the fact that you have a child and you are caring for that child in Ireland.

What is the status of your Irish born child's mother?, is she legally resident in Ireland?, is she engaged in active work? are you living together with your Irish born child? and are you actively involved in your childs upkeep?

I suggest you get another lawyer, preferably one that you will pay, you stay in Ireland may depend on it

Yakoo
Newly Registered

Post by Yakoo » Thu May 28, 2009 6:55 pm

the department of immigration and naturalization for unknown reason has stopped corresponding with people in similar situation, your lawyer is the one likely to receive response and acknowledgements to your application. good luck

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Fri May 29, 2009 11:39 am

Yakoo wrote:the department of immigration and naturalization for unknown reason has stopped corresponding with people in similar situation, your lawyer is the one likely to receive response and acknowledgements to your application. good luck
my wife is from EU and she does not work because she is getting one parent allowance from social walfare. we don` t live together otherwise the social allowance would be cancalled for her,but there is mentioned my name as father in child` s birth certificate.

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Fri May 29, 2009 11:40 am

Yakoo wrote:the department of immigration and naturalization for unknown reason has stopped corresponding with people in similar situation, your lawyer is the one likely to receive response and acknowledgements to your application. good luck
my wife is from EU and she does not work because she is getting one parent allowance from social walfare. we don` t live together otherwise the social allowance would be cancalled for her,but there is mentioned my name as father in child` s birth certificate.

Yakoo
Newly Registered

Post by Yakoo » Sat May 30, 2009 11:50 pm

I think you should get a second opinion from another lawyer, if your wife is on lone parent that means you are not legally married or that you are separated. for your application for humanitarian leave to remain in Ireland to succeed you must be taking adequate care of your Irish born child, the implication is that you must be living with your wife and this is one of the factors the Justice department will consider before granting your application.

however your wife as an EU citizen can help you, all she needs to do is abandon her claim to a lone parent and declare that you are legally married,
the mention of your name on your child's birth certificate will not guarantee that your application will sail through. you may want to contact the CADIC coalition on 016740200 for advice. they give advice to parents of Irish born child. good luck

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun May 31, 2009 5:00 pm

zaza7625 wrote:my wife is from EU and she does not work because she is getting one parent allowance from social walfare. we don` t live together otherwise the social allowance would be cancalled for her,but there is mentioned my name as father in child` s birth certificate.
1. Is she your wife or not (legally)?
2. Has she ever worked in Ireland?
3. Is there possibility that either you or she could get a full time job, to support the three of you so as not to have to make a SW claim (FIS excepted)?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.