ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time to process residency application

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Eric-Poole

Time to process residency application

Post by Eric-Poole » Fri May 22, 2009 8:19 pm

The UK government is casually disregarding article 10 of EU Directive/2004/38/EC which states that residency cards for family members of European Union citizen shall be issued no later than 6 months from the date the application is submitted. There are some documented cases on this forum where the application process has taken well over a year ...

I would like to know if the UK is a an isolated case or other the problem is widespread and other EU countries are also closing a blind eye on their legal obligations ....

Could you share your experience here, and indicate the time that it took to process your initial/permanent residency applications ....

Thanks for your inputs.

Eric

asal_naz05
Newly Registered

Post by asal_naz05 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi Eric we have sent our application (EEA4) ,1 st oct 2008.no replays yet.I don't know what we should do?It is very difficult since we can not travel any where.

yours asal

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:18 pm

Wide spread problem I know of some couples who had to wait well over a year here in Italy! Don't get me wrong there are cases when the RC gets issued in a matter of weeks or even days!

Me myself .....three years waiting for Italy to issue a RC for my other half! They have refused!! So I'm taking it all the way to the European commission!! Then let's see what happens!

What makes me really mad is the attitude here, I was told by a Police officer with the immigration services here in Italy that if my husband had of married an Italian he would have got his RC!! he actually said to me very politely "you know your just not the same as an Italian"!!!

Also another couple in the same situation as us her-bulgarian him - egyptian (married 1 year) refused RC appealed won appeal!! Not cause of the Directive but the judge actually said cause they had a baby! They are a real family!
My husband and I are only married 3 years and cause we choose not to have children we are not a real family!!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:47 pm

How awful.

The Italian seems to be trampling on the directive, left, right and centre.

Have you contacted solvit to see if they can help.

Italy transposed the directive into their law recently. Is it a matter that they ignore their own law or was it that their immigration staffs are unaware.

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

I have written to the MP in my constituency and...

Post by eldane » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:54 pm

Lets see if this will get some answers with regards to the processing time of EU residence permissions.

Lack of response from the Border Agency - Can you do anything to help?

Dear Sir,

I am not certain how you want me to progress the matter discussed in previous emails hence I will first of all out line my difficulties with the Border Agency and Home office.

Sending emails to any of the before mentioned government office/departments requesting guidance, answers to how to interpret the law or simply why a given EU convention not yet has been implemented has never given me any joy in respect to an answer.
Sending signed for letters to any of the before mentioned government office/departments requesting guidance, answers to how to interpret the law or simply why a given EU convention not yet has been implemented has never given me any joy in respect to an answer.
Sending requests to Solvit an EU department that aims to assist EU citizens with problems/questions one may have when enjoying any right derived from an EU regulation or convention in a host member state, They basically tell that they cant either not force Great Britain to act or that their contacts with in the government can’t/want to progress the matter. I.e. Great Britain does not want to cooperate with Solvit.
It is very difficult to find any link/page on the web that refers to information on where to send inquiries or complaints. And when I finally did find an email address where I could send my question I either received an “email readâ€
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:04 am

Obie - SOLVIT could not help as it had already gone to appeal! They will not get involved if it has gone to court!

And now after all those appeals! We are told that our lawyer had made a mistake with the original appeal he had never called the Minister only the immigration authorities!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH....I feel like screaming! Three years and they tell us it is inadmissable!! This is a joke I'm still awaiting a responce for the EU - They have emailed me several times informing me that they are making clarifications with the Italians??

It looks like we will have to start the process all over again!!! Nightmare!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:10 am

ciaramc wrote:Obie - SOLVIT could not help as it had already gone to appeal! They will not get involved if it has gone to court!

And now after all those appeals! We are told that our lawyer had made a mistake with the original appeal he had never called the Minister only the immigration authorities!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH....I feel like screaming! Three years and they tell us it is inadmissable!! This is a joke I'm still awaiting a responce for the EU - They have emailed me several times informing me that they are making clarifications with the Italians??

It looks like we will have to start the process all over again!!! Nightmare!

I apologise for you situation, and you are absolutely right Solvit don't get involved if the matter is going through the legal channel.

I understand that in Italy it helps if one goes to the Immigration in person rather than post their application.

Any i pray and hope everything goes well and successful with your appeal