ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got Tier1, Now I will apply for Dependants !!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

evan
Newly Registered

Got Tier1, Now I will apply for Dependants !!!

Post by evan » Sat May 23, 2009 7:49 pm

Hi,
I got Tier1, General visa about 7 weeks ago,,,, this week I will apply for my dependants.
For my application I didn't use the usual VAF9 form but used the online application form.
Now the online form for dependant is very complicated and include many questions which I’m not sure how to answer, so, I will go with VAF10.
I downloaded the new VAF10 (dated March 2009). But unlike previous version, I can not fill it in using my computer,, it is mentioned that it is to be completed with a pen (hand writing).. Any comment about that ???? Anybody was successful to fill VAF10 using computer????

For maintenance fund, I’m providing bank statements for the last 3 months, and the fund is for 3 dependants 3*1600 . I believe I don't need to show fund for myself as main applicant anymore ,, ????

Note: I’m still in UAE, I went to UK only for 4 days and came back to apply for my family and then to mover all together next month..

Thanks & Good luck to all

neo2550
Newly Registered

Post by neo2550 » Sun May 24, 2009 6:34 am

did you maintained 1600*3 + 2800GBP at the time of your own application becuz it is mentioned in VAF9 that if you are intending to bring your dependent you must have 1600xdependents+2800gbp if you want them to join you within12 months ......if you have not maintained that amount at the time of your application you must make your case strong by consultation, becuz i am not sure about it, bcuz my lawyer said that if you have not maintained 2800GBP plus extra for dependents you can take them with you within 12 months by showing 1600xDependents at any last 3 months b4 applying for them.CONFIRM IT.