ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appl rejected for non verification of Qualification-pls help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

leonardas
Newly Registered

Appl rejected for non verification of Qualification-pls help

Post by leonardas » Sun May 24, 2009 12:15 pm

Hi All,

I very badly need your help.I have applied for Tier 1 visa under new rules which requires Masters Degree to score points for qualifications.
I have applied from UK under switching of visa category from WP to Tier 1 visa.The HO has rejected on the grounds that the qualification I submitted cannot be verified and hence cannot be considered for scoring points eventhough I have submitted the original Masters Degree ceritficate and the universtiy name is listed in NARIC database.

Can anyone please tell me ,how does the immigration authorities go for verifying the qualification ? do they contact the university officials ..? if tht is the case there are chances that univerisities may not reply to their queries ,does this forms a ground for non verification although I have submitted the original degree certificate.
Is the verification for the applications made in UK done by Integra ?

I have done Masters via distance education from BKD university in India which is listed in the NARIC Database.

Kindly help in this regard.

Thanks!
Leo
Last edited by leonardas on Sun May 24, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

email257525
BANNED

hi

Post by email257525 » Sun May 24, 2009 1:58 pm

no idea mate,

Better to check with univesity, that did they receive any call 4 verification,

I thnk its always good to submit a latest letter from concern uni saying authenticity of degree even if the uni is listed at naric

Best of luck

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Appl rejected for non verification of Qualification-pls

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun May 24, 2009 7:09 pm

As far as I know, if your university is listed in the PBS you should be fine as HO itself provided that list.
You can apply to NARIC immediately to get confirmation(statement of comparison) and then challenge HO decision.

I have a colleague who has complete his MCA from correspondence and whose degree is accepted by HO, so I think you should be fine. Just get NARIC letter without wasting mush time as it will take NARIC 2-3 weeks to send you letter. You can use this letter against HO.
leonardas wrote:Hi All,

I very badly need your help.I have applied for Tier 1 visa under new rules which requires Masters Degree to score points for qualifications.
I have applied from UK under switching of visa category from WP to Tier 1 visa.The HO has rejected on the grounds that the qualification I submitted cannot be verified and hence cannot be considered for scoring points eventhough I have submitted the original Masters Degree ceritficate and the universtiy name is listed in NARIC database.

Can anyone please tell me ,how does the immigration authorities go for verifying the qualification ? do they contact the university officials ..? if tht is the case there are chances that univerisities may not reply to their queries ,does this forms a ground for non verification although I have submitted the original degree certificate.

I have done Masters via distance education from BKD university in India which is listed in the NARIC Database.

Thanks!
Leo

leonardas
Newly Registered

Post by leonardas » Sun May 24, 2009 7:24 pm

Thanks mate for the guidance.I got ur point ,but wht if they have contacted my university and have got no reply from them. I have been contacting my university people but they are not at all aware of this. I dont know to whom they have contacted if they had.I have written to the university chancellor but till now no reply.

Do you mean here , tht if my university is listed in the database there should be no further problem with the qualification points whether they get verification reply or not or they do not verify if the university is listed in database ?

Please provide guidance if u have any ideas on this.

Thanks !
Leo

chetanojha wrote:As far as I know, if your university is listed in the PBS you should be fine as HO itself provided that list.
You can apply to NARIC immediately to get confirmation(statement of comparison) and then challenge HO decision.

I have a colleague who has complete his MCA from correspondence and whose degree is accepted by HO, so I think you should be fine. Just get NARIC letter without wasting mush time as it will take NARIC 2-3 weeks to send you letter. You can use this letter against HO.

Thanks!
Leo

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun May 24, 2009 8:36 pm

I don't think they have contacted your university. It is very very difficult to get information from the university. I think if university is listed you should be fine unless there is problem with the Degree Certificate(forge degree etc.).
Get a NARIC letter and challenge them.
leonardas wrote:Thanks mate for the guidance.I got ur point ,but wht if they have contacted my university and have got no reply from them. I have been contacting my university people but they are not at all aware of this. I dont know to whom they have contacted if they had.I have written to the university chancellor but till now no reply.

Do you mean here , tht if my university is listed in the database there should be no further problem with the qualification points whether they get verification reply or not or they do not verify if the university is listed in database ?

Thanks !
Leo

chetanojha wrote:As far as I know, if your university is listed in the PBS you should be fine as HO itself provided that list.

Thanks!
Leo

leonardas
Newly Registered

Post by leonardas » Sun May 24, 2009 9:42 pm

Thanks Mate , then it really seems to be fault on their part.To play safe I'll get a letter from NARIC and challenge them.

chetanojha wrote:I don't think they have contacted your university. It is very very difficult to get information from the university. I think if university is listed you should be fine unless there is problem with the Degree Certificate(forge degree etc.).
leonardas wrote:Thanks mate for the guidance.I got ur point ,but wht if they have contacted my university and have got no reply from them. I have been contacting my university people but they are not at all aware of this. I dont know to whom they have contacted if they had.I have written to the university chancellor but till now no reply.

Thanks !
Leo

Thanks!
Leo

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun May 24, 2009 10:16 pm

leonardas wrote:Thanks Mate , then it really seems to be fault on their part.To play safe I'll get a letter from NARIC and challenge them.

chetanojha wrote:I don't think they have contacted your university. It is very very difficult to get information from the university. I think if university is listed you should be fine unless there is problem with the Degree Certificate(forge degree etc.).

Thanks !
Leo

I dont think a letter from NARIC will help as the letter of comparability they will provide would in no way provide any verification whatsoever. In any case if the name is listed on points calculator and you are awarded 35 points for it, the letter of comparability will be superfluous in this case.

There seem to be some problem with verification. Can you post the exact wording of rejection?
Last edited by push on Mon May 25, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

inputsOnHSMP

Post by inputsOnHSMP » Mon May 25, 2009 12:06 pm

they can verify from universities and i think all universites provide this service at a fee unless there is something wrong with the university.

ganeshptrk

Post by ganeshptrk » Mon May 25, 2009 4:28 pm

Per my understanding from the notes given in NARIC website:
NARIC will only issue a letter of comparability only after verfying the documents with the awarding institute. So a checking is done from their side. It usually takes 15 days to issue the letter. However there is a fast track service available in 24 hrs, 48 hrs with a premium fee. Check the site for details.

leonardas
Newly Registered

Post by leonardas » Mon May 25, 2009 5:06 pm

Yes thts true that NARIC will issue the letter of comparibility after verifying the document but this would be the case when university is not listed in the database of NARIC and applicant will need a letter of comparibility , wherein my case the university is listed in the database and something has gone wrong while verifying the same from the university , I am trying to understand ,wht went wrong and whom have they contacted for verification ,meanwhile I have also requested university to issue a letter of authenticity for my certificate and will submit that to the HO.

Also ,can anyone confirm on the premium service for issuing visa , where visa is issued on the same day at a premium fees , is there any such facility ?

Thanks !
Leo

ganeshptrk wrote:Per my understanding from the notes given in NARIC website:
NARIC will only issue a letter of comparability only after verfying the documents with the awarding institute. So a checking is done from their side. It usually takes 15 days to issue the letter. However there is a fast track service available in 24 hrs, 48 hrs with a premium fee. Check the site for details.
Last edited by leonardas on Mon May 25, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon May 25, 2009 5:11 pm

leonardas wrote:Yes thts true that NARIC will issue the letter of comparibility after verifying the document but this would be the case when university is not listed in the database of NARIC and applicant will need a letter of comparibility , wherein my case the university is listed in the database and something has gone wrong while verifying the same from the university , I am trying to understand ,wht went wrong and whom have they contacted for verification ,meanwhile I have also requested university to issue a letter of authenticity for my certificate and will submit that to the HO.

Thanks !
Leo

ganeshptrk wrote:Per my understanding from the notes given in NARIC website:
Thats what I said. Not sure why everyone is hung up with NARIC. As per your post it seems that something went wrong with the verification process. Can you post the original wording of rejection?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

email257525
BANNED

to leon

Post by email257525 » Tue May 26, 2009 12:24 am

hi

Summing up the details

Get a letter frm uni showing authenticity of degree
A letter frm naric
And apply agains ho

Al the best
Last edited by email257525 on Wed May 27, 2009 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

paulmu

Re: to leon

Post by paulmu » Tue May 26, 2009 5:07 pm

email257525 wrote:Get a letter frm uni showing authenticity of degree
Do this and you should be OK. No need for NARIC equivalency letter...

All the best.
PM

kuzine
Newly Registered

Post by kuzine » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:01 pm

Hi Guys,

I also seems to be in the same situation. Had my appointment in liverpool yesterday, finally i was told they could not get hold of my university to confirm my masters degree although i submitted the origional certificate and the same degree was used when applying for HSMP.

Was fortunate to get hold of the name of the person they were laising with in the university and managed to trac her down and she finally emailed HO at about 4pm but by that time they said they could not continue work on my appllication that day.

Any idea how long it will take for them to get back to me.

leonardas
Newly Registered

Post by leonardas » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Hard Luck buddy. I think ,since they have received the email they should be able to finalise soon. Is ur Masters from universtiy within UK or somewhere else ?

kuzine wrote:Hi Guys,

I also seems to be in the same situation. Had my appointment in liverpool yesterday, finally i was told they could not get hold of my university to confirm my masters degree although i submitted the origional certificate and the same degree was used when applying for HSMP.

Was fortunate to get hold of the name of the person they were laising with in the university and managed to trac her down and she finally emailed HO at about 4pm but by that time they said they could not continue work on my appllication that day.

Any idea how long it will take for them to get back to me.

kuzine
Newly Registered

Post by kuzine » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:05 am

yes did my masters in the uk and even used the same degree when applying for HSMP.