ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to submit dditional document for visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gainvidya
Member of Standing

How to submit dditional document for visitor visa

Post by gainvidya » Sun May 24, 2009 4:12 pm

Hi,

I have ILR status in UK and have applied for visitor visa for my parent from from India. I have emclosed all the possible document but made a big mistake on not enclosing my passport photocopy.

Is it possible to email them the scanned copy of my passport by email, will they accept that document as part of the application already made?

Also can anyone confirm what is the email address of British High Commission Mumbai where I could email them the additional document.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: How to submit dditional document for visitor visa

Post by Rozen » Sun May 24, 2009 4:44 pm

gainvidya wrote:Hi,

I have ILR status in UK and have applied for visitor visa for my parent from from India. I have emclosed all the possible document but made a big mistake on not enclosing my passport photocopy.

Is it possible to email them the scanned copy of my passport by email, will they accept that document as part of the application already made?

Also can anyone confirm what is the email address of British High Commission Mumbai where I could email them the additional document.
Do they not have a website where you can find their email adddress? Google, would be a good start. :idea:

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon May 25, 2009 1:05 pm

I dont know about Mumbai,but In islamabad they will not accept anything other than original copies of certified copies of the sposnors passport which shows their current status. It is a possibility thats its the same in Mumbai.

My advise to you is to have a few pages of your passport cerified by a solicitor ( the bit where it shows your name and photo + the page showing your status in the UK)and post them to Mumbai with an explanatory note ( dont forget to give name DOB , address of your parents that you have sponsored).

You must do it quiickly, because it might be to late if they refuse your parents visa because they have not provided details of your status in the uK

Here is teh address

Naman Chambers,
C/32 G Block Bandra Kurla Complex,
Bandra (East) Mumbai 400 051

VFS Office in Mumbai

Telephone:

(91) (22) 66502222

Emergency Duty officer: (91) (0) 98200 00343
Please note that this number is for emergencies pertaining to British Nationals only. Queries of any other kind will not be entertained.

Fax: (91) (22) 66502324

Email: postmaster.bomba@fco.gov.uk

Office hours:

Mon - Thurs: 08.30 - 13.30
Fridays: 08.30 - 12.30

Mon - Fri: 0830 - 1330 (Consular)