ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do i need a stamp on my ref. letter?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kotiara

Do i need a stamp on my ref. letter?

Post by Kotiara » Wed May 11, 2005 8:08 am

Guys, i have a question. I got a reference letter from my previous employer. It's on a letterhead paper (but not the one with watermarks), just printed on a color printer on a thick piece of paper. The letter has a signature of HR manager, but doesn't have a stamp of the company. The company is one of the Big 4, Russian office.

I know that in the UK they don't put stamps on ref. letters, but here it's a common practice. Another thing is that i got a reference from my current employer with stamps on every page.

What do you think? Do I need to ask for a stamp?

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Wed May 11, 2005 1:34 pm

No, if it won't hurt do it but if it's a pain just leave it.
I did not have any stamps on mine.
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Wed May 11, 2005 2:03 pm

bugmaster wrote:No, if it won't hurt do it but if it's a pain just leave it.
I did not have any stamps on mine.
The problem is that I have stamps on all the other letters. Well, it not too much of a pain, but i'm so sick and tired of all these documents already...just want to send the damn thing as soon as possible.

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Wed May 11, 2005 2:13 pm

yeah I know what you mean... if you ask me just send it.. these people here do not expect any stamps so you'll be fine
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...

sunny158

It does not matter

Post by sunny158 » Wed May 11, 2005 9:16 pm

If in your country it is a normal to have a stamp on you reference letters, it is ok, cus different country has different format. The most important thing is the content.

Kotiara

Re: It does not matter

Post by Kotiara » Fri May 13, 2005 4:27 am

Any other thoughts on that? I did ask for a stamp, but there was no reply. I guess they're too busy. Anyway, thinking of sending the goddamn application today.