ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointment Tier-1, Dependent query (Biometric)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MVaibhav
Newly Registered

PEO appointment Tier-1, Dependent query (Biometric)

Post by MVaibhav » Tue May 26, 2009 11:37 am

Do I need to take my dependents along with me for my apointment for Tier-1 (and dependent application) for approval. I have got my wife and my kid (2 yrs old) as dependent.

When I called them up, I was told that I can take a letter from the dependant confirming that "I am authorized to present their passport for visa application". However, I am still not convienced with that.

Heard that Bioemtric test is mandatory, if my dependents are not accompanying, how will the biometric test happen ? I will call up PEO again today, but would appreciate if someone can please tell their experience.

Regards
Vaibhav

gujalls

Post by gujalls » Tue May 26, 2009 11:44 am

U better take ur dependents with you!
They will take the biometrics.

If its something hard and critical for ur dependents to accompany u then need to give proper reasons / convince them. Y all these hassels.

Better take them along with u. Its just few hrs job :)

MVaibhav
Newly Registered

Post by MVaibhav » Tue May 26, 2009 12:21 pm

Yes, that is true, however if they don't need my dependants with me and refuse the entry, it will be troublesome.

Again as they say that it may take full day for the process to be completed, it is not that easy for my wife to stay for the whole day as she is pregnant, and you know what a 2yr old over energetic kid can do if it is bound to stay at a single unknown place for the whole day.

I know these issues are just plain logistic issues and PEO will not be bothered about that, and if my dependents are required, they are required there. No choice.

however if I can avoid taking them along with me, I will certailny do that. and please add another 3 hrs travel one side for my wife and kid to go to PEO.

Cheers

MVaibhav
Newly Registered

Post by MVaibhav » Tue May 26, 2009 3:17 pm

Called up again today and was lucky to get connected after almost 20minutes of wait.

This time they told that as biometric is not required for Tier-1 applicants and only the main applicant is required to be present for the application. they will process the dependent applications along with main application :)..

sighhhhhhhhhhhhh....

mnstar
Newly Registered

Post by mnstar » Tue May 26, 2009 3:46 pm

I am not sure but if you use a legal representative to make your application then you are not required to be present at the time of the application. I therefore assume that they dont need your biometrics at all. Can anyone else clarify this

MVaibhav
Newly Registered

Post by MVaibhav » Tue May 26, 2009 3:54 pm

Yes, they (PEO office contact centre) told me today that biometric is not required for Tier-1 applications.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue May 26, 2009 8:21 pm

MVaibhav wrote:Yes, they (PEO office contact centre) told me today that biometric is not required for Tier-1 applications.
Biometric not required (at the moment). Presence of dependents is desirable but not mandatory (Just imagine, if that were the case how would they have processed the postal applications !!). You do not need to carry any authorisation letter etc from your dependents.
Last edited by push on Thu May 28, 2009 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Wed May 27, 2009 9:45 am

You need to take you wife along but need not your child as your child is just 2 years old.

Biometics tests is not required for a child less that 5 years old.

MVaibhav
Newly Registered

Post by MVaibhav » Thu May 28, 2009 10:47 am

Biometric not required (at the moment). Presence of dependents is desirable but not mandatory (Just imagine, if that were the case how would they have proessed the postal applications !!). You do not need to carry any authorisation letter etc from your dependents.
Sometime we miss the basic details.. Thanks for that.. I never gave a thought about the postal application when I asked this question :-)) ...
hahaha.... seems this application process is eating up all my common senses..
Cheers