ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finding a job in USA

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SP123
Newly Registered

Finding a job in USA

Post by SP123 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:45 pm

Hi,

Coming over to Colorado early next year with husband, I'll be on an L-2 visa. Can anyone give me a few pointers on where to start looking for jobs? TBH, I haven't a clue what I want to do when we get out there, although I do have an interest in law enforcement (civvy jobs rather than policeman!) or local government. I'd also be interested in training in teaching, maybe adult education. Are there any general websites that I should look at for starters?

I'm a graduate, with a Masters degree, and have several years of financial industry experience (do not want to go back to finance but I have got good data analysis skills), and a few months local authority experience. Any pointers would be much appreciated, as although it's a while till we move, I want to start getting a feel for things now, and ensure I can buid on skills well in advance.

Thanks!

pauliesgirl
Newly Registered

Re: Finding a job in USA

Post by pauliesgirl » Thu May 28, 2009 10:55 am

Hi there, I'm from Utah and I would say your best bet is to put your resume on monster.com or check out craigslist.org. I'm also sure there are plenty of temp agencies there where you can at least get your foot in the door somewhere, especially with your qualifications. Also look in local news papers in the classified sections under 'Help Wanted'. Hope that helps, good luck!