ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Dependent Visa for General Tier1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kavita55
Newly Registered

UK Dependent Visa for General Tier1

Post by Kavita55 » Wed May 27, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi,

I have newly joined this forum. The posts on this forum are really very helpful.

My husband recently applied for Tier1 (General) visa and is working in UK now. I am also in UK on a work permit which would expire soon.

Now I was thinking of applying for a dependent visa (as my husband's dependent) while being in UK.
Could please help me in gathering some information like:

1. how much balance in £ and for how much period do I need to show in my bank account? Would it be my bank account or my husband's ?
2. do we have a points based calculation for dependent visa too?
3. how long does it normally take to get the dependent visa.?
4. Will my work permit be lapsed if they grant me a dependent visa or both would be valid?
5. any other information that you think is useful and I missed to ask

Many Thanks in advance.

-Kavita.

deepakag123
Newly Registered

Post by deepakag123 » Thu May 28, 2009 6:58 am

1. The balance would depend on how long your husband has been staying in the UK, if it is > 12 months then you would need to show - 533 pounds, if your husband's stay is < 12 months in the UK, you need to show -1600 pounds.The funds can be maintained in either your or your husband's bank account for a period of 3 months.
2. No, there is no point based assessment for a dependant visa.
3. Not sure how long it might take to process the application from the UK, from India,the dependant visa processing takes about 1-2 weeks time.
4 . Both visas will not be valid at the same time, the latest visa takes precedence over the other.
5. Its worth visiting other dependant visa threads at this forum to get a better idea. Also having a look at the UK BA site, might also prove to be useful.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/
Last edited by deepakag123 on Thu May 28, 2009 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Thu May 28, 2009 9:18 am

First and foremost.. do check whether you can apply for a Tier1 dependant visa separately being in UK..
( you can apply only along with the main applicant )

According to me you cannot.. you have to apply it from india.

Deepak -
when husband is already in UK with tier1 visa there is no requirement for him to show 8000 £
he need's to show only 1600£ for 3 months if he is in uk for less that 1 year
and if more than 1 year he needs to show only 533 £ for 3 months

that stuff of 800£ is only when both are applying together..
( hope this info helps others as well )

deepakag123
Newly Registered

Post by deepakag123 » Thu May 28, 2009 10:04 am

yes you are right Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa, I have amended my previous reply accordingly. Also you were right in terms of dependant application being made from the UK. Please check the below link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... dantroute/

It clearly mentions you can switch into the dependant route within the UK only when you are already in the UK as a dependant.Looks like other visa status people ( for eg: work permit ) would need to apply from India.

Kavita55
Newly Registered

Post by Kavita55 » Thu May 28, 2009 11:14 am

Thanks all for your responses.

From what is isaid, it appears I may have to go back to India and apply from there.

Anyway I would go through the links provided in detail.

Thanks very much for your help.