ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

query abt name on degree and passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

golu

query abt name on degree and passport

Post by golu » Wed May 27, 2009 9:27 pm

hello experts,

I have a question, my given name on indian passport is Ashish Ramesh and my surname is Joshi. Ramesh being my dads name.
My degree certificate though says Ashish Joshi only, do you think it will be an issue ?

thanks,
Golu

inputsOnHSMP

Post by inputsOnHSMP » Wed May 27, 2009 9:35 pm

you might need a notary signed affidavit to confirm that both are names of the same person. Wait for other member's opinion

golu

Post by golu » Wed May 27, 2009 9:47 pm

when i first applied for HSMP it was fine, this is an extension and I am not sure if it will cause any issues..

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: query abt name on degree and passport

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed May 27, 2009 10:44 pm

Get an affidavit from notary for backup. But Since Passport will have both your name and your father name, i think it should be fine. mention this in your cover letter.
I had the same issue where my surname in Degree is different from that of passport. HO didn't even bothered to look at it. I provided the self-affidavit from Indian High Comission London along with my extension application.
golu wrote:hello experts,

I have a question, my given name on indian passport is Ashish Ramesh and my surname is Joshi. Ramesh being my dads name.
My degree certificate though says Ashish Joshi only, do you think it will be an issue ?

thanks,
Golu

golu

Post by golu » Wed May 27, 2009 10:49 pm

Chetan,

I am playing catch up with time, i have my appointment friday, I am thinking of not providing the degree at all since they will have my records from past ( i am claiming points of same degree )

Also mind you my name and surname is same, Ashish joshi, its just that m missing the middle name..

Also is it possible to get a notary done in one day ?

thanks,

Golu

golu

Post by golu » Wed May 27, 2009 10:56 pm

Chetan,

I am playing catch up with time, i have my appointment friday, I am thinking of not providing the degree at all since they will have my records from past ( i am claiming points of same degree )

Also mind you my name and surname is same, Ashish joshi, its just that m missing the middle name..

thanks,

Golu

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed May 27, 2009 11:22 pm

Where are you applying from? India...Yes you can do the it in one day.
If in UK, you can get the affidavit same day from London Indian High Comission.

But as you said, you have used the same degree before so why worry now?
golu wrote:Chetan,

thanks,

Golu

golu

Post by golu » Thu May 28, 2009 9:30 am

yeah i have used the same degree before, i think its just the last minute panic attacks..

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu May 28, 2009 3:42 pm

You should be fine.
golu wrote:yeah i have used the same degree before, i think its just the last minute panic attacks..

YA11
Newly Registered

Post by YA11 » Thu May 28, 2009 8:02 pm

I would say just mention it in the covering letter so that you are not hiding anything. I got my Tier 1 in April and my case was a bit similar. My passport had 'Mohammed' while my degree had the shortened 'Mohd.'. I just mentioned this in the covering letter and I got my visa without any problem.

email257525
BANNED

notary signed affidavit

Post by email257525 » Thu May 28, 2009 8:29 pm

hello

Can any one plz send me, a formate of affidavit, of different names on passport nd degrees.

Many thanks

email267525@yahoo.com

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: notary signed affidavit

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri May 29, 2009 10:18 am

AFFIDAVIT

I, <your name> S/o. Mr. <father's name> age 29 years residing at <address> holder of Indian Passport No. <Passport No> issued from <Issue Place>, India on <issue date> hereby make oath and state as follow:

1. I have recently changed my Surname/Last name from <old_name/surname> to <new name/surname>. My passport contains my new surname i.e. <new surname>. Since I have changed it recently, all my academic certificates reflects my old surname i.e. <old name/surname>.

My name in passport appears as “<new name>â€

srirags

Post by srirags » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:09 am

Hi chetanojha,

Can please let me know the procedure to get the affidavit from the Indian High Commission in London.

Thanks,
S

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:09 am

For this self affidavit you will need the following:
1. Draft of letter/affidavit on a plain paper. 3-4 copies. Though only 2 copy required.
2. Two xerox copies of passport.

Go to Indian High Comission, London early morning around 8.15-8.30. You will have to stand in queue. Get a token of Counsular Services.
Wait inside embassy untill your token no. is called. I think you fees for the same is £8 but not sure about the current fees. You need to take exact change of the fees with you.

srirags wrote:Hi chetanojha,

Can please let me know the procedure to get the affidavit from the Indian High Commission in London.

Thanks,
S

zumbro
Newly Registered

Post by zumbro » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:27 am

What if I have the affidavit I submitted first time? i.e the one prepared from India .. can I use it for extension ?

srirags

Post by srirags » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:40 pm

chetanojha,

Thaks for the info.

Regards,
Sri

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:46 pm

If you have the affidavit which you submitted first time, you can use it. It is also good for you as HO might have the same document in their record.
zumbro wrote:What if I have the affidavit I submitted first time? i.e the one prepared from India .. can I use it for extension ?

push
United Kingdom

Re: notary signed affidavit

Post by push » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:54 pm

[quote="chetanojha"] AFFIDAVIT

I, <your name> S/o. Mr. <father's name> age 29 years residing at <address> holder of Indian Passport No. <Passport No> issued from <Issue Place>, India on <issue date> hereby make oath and state as follow:

1. I have recently changed my Surname/Last name from <old_name/surname> to <new name/surname>. My passport contains my new surname i.e. <new surname>. Since I have changed it recently, all my academic certificates reflects my old surname i.e. <old name/surname>.

My name in passport appears as “<new name>â€
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:03 pm

push_hsmp wrote:One quick observation: The affidavit above seems relevant for someone who has changed his/her name. I guess one needs to take out that wording and just say about difference between the names on various documents and that the documents belong to the same person (stick to the name on the Passport)
Yes thats correct. This affidavit was for change in name/surname. This needs to customize as per individual's need.