ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP - ILR under HSMP JR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

inzellhsw

HELP - ILR under HSMP JR

Post by inzellhsw » Thu May 28, 2009 12:36 pm

:lol:
Last edited by inzellhsw on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hsmp_victory

Re: HELP - ILR under HSMP JR

Post by hsmp_victory » Fri May 29, 2009 8:27 am

inzellhsw wrote:Hi All,

Can you please give me some advice on my application?

===================

My history as below:

My initial visa: 02/Mar/05 ~ 02/Mar/06
1st extention valid to 02/Mar/09
2nd extention valid to 05/Mar/12

I was unemployed in first year, then I got the 1st extention based on the company I just set up.

After I got the 1st extention, I didn't run the company at all, however I had a few months business bank statements. I worked part time in 2006, just a few payslips, but no P60.

In 2007, totally unemployed.

May/2008 ~ Mar/2009, employed, 11x payslips, 1x P60

I will start a new job from next month (June)

================

I'm thinking to apply for ILR in July after I have the June payslip.

In fact, I only have 1x P60 during the past 4 years. My wife had been working since 2005 (she got 4x P60), she's my dependant before Jan/2008, will her economic activity count?

I'm a bit worried about my applicatioin. Can I get the ILR? Should I appoint a solicitor/OISC advisor?

Any comments welcome!

Thanks in advance!
I have read a lot of post regarding questions on "economic activity" for ILR. Now some people have said they have been asked for last 3 months payslips and bank statements but other post suggest last 1 year payslips. But then it was a long time ago I also read a post saying they asked for economic activity for the time you got your last extension i.e 2nd March 2006 in your case. I am assuming you are on HSMP and should be eligible for ILR under JR Review, in that case you recent extension may not be necessary. It is good to have everything for the past 4-5 years but in your case you should hope they donot ask for last 3-4 years of P-60s or Bank statement. But since you have been economically active for the past 2 years I believe you will be OK.

One thing I am absolutely sure of is you wife's economic activity will NOT be counted towards your ILR.

There is no harm in discussion your case with a solicitor.

inzellhsw

Post by inzellhsw » Fri May 29, 2009 11:35 am

hsmp_victory,
Thank you very much for the reply. Really appreciate it!

Do you have any idea about the "workpermit.com" solicitors showing on this website? They claim that they can help on below category:
"Surcharge per dependent who does not have current leave to remain as a dependent: Spouse £250, children under 18 £150 each"

My wife is on her own HSMP since Jan 2008, so I wonder if I can include her in my ILR application.

Thanks all for the comments in advance!

tss
Newly Registered

Post by tss » Sat May 30, 2009 12:09 pm

i wrote a email to Home Office to ask if my wife can apply with me though she does not have current leave in the UK as dependent of HSMP...
This is thier reply....

Sent: 27 May
To: --------tss

Dear Sir, Thank you for your enquiry. Please be advised that if such a person makes enquiries about his status while he is still exempt he should be told that once he ceases to be exempt his passport will, on application, be stamped with a fresh grant of indefinite leave. Under the Immigration Rules, a person who wishes to remain in the United Kingdom as a dependant of a person with Limited Leave to Remain in awork category requires Entry Clearance from the British Diplomatic Post(the High Commission, Embassy or Consulate) in their home country.Switching into this category in the UK is not allowed. You are required to return home and obtain the correct Entry Clearance before returning to the UK. For further information please contact theBritish Diplomatic post in your home country. Yours faithfully,

... From the letter it can be concluded that Home Office want dependent on dependent visa.. I am not sure about the basis of the claim made by workpermit.com . inzellhsw if you get any further infromation please post on this forum.

inzellhsw

Post by inzellhsw » Sat May 30, 2009 7:19 pm

hi tss, thanks for sharing the email.

I've sent an assessment form to workpermit.com. Once I got the reply, I will post here.