ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TWES help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iamamonkey
Newly Registered

TWES help

Post by iamamonkey » Wed May 11, 2005 6:05 pm

Hello,

I currently hold a TWES permit and I have one more year left on it. (total of 2 years).

I have been offered a permenant possition with my current employer and now I have 2 options.
a) convert the TWES into a full work permit, or
b) get married to my girlfriend (we are actually engaged, and this is not the reason we are getting married) and work using her work permit.

I think option b) is the most likely as we plan to get married next January. She is a doctor and holds either a Permit Free visa or would hold a Full work permit (she is an SHO).

My question is whether converting from a TWES to a dependant work permit is possible, and would possibly cause any problems? How do I go about doing this? We are both Malaysians and would be returning home for our wedding.

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
monkeyboy

iamamonkey
Newly Registered

Post by iamamonkey » Thu May 12, 2005 11:43 am

Hello all,

Any thoughts/comments/help on this?

Many thanks,
monkeyboy

iamamonkey
Newly Registered

Post by iamamonkey » Mon May 23, 2005 6:50 pm

Hello,

Any views on this?

I am getting rather worried about this now. My company is going to advertise for this position and I want to know my chances in terms of obtaining a full work permit.

Many thanks in advance.
Monkey

iamamonkey
Newly Registered

Post by iamamonkey » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:29 pm

Hello,

Any advise regarding the above? Anyone?

I am getting rather desperate here.

Thanks in advance....

Dan

raniwza

TWES to Work permit/Dependant

Post by raniwza » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:47 am

TWES is meant to be a working visa where we have to go back to our home country when the visa comes to an end. As far as I know, given that changes of the policy has not taken place, we have to go back to our home country and work for 12 months before we are eligible to come back to UK again to work with a work permit sponsor.

From this knowledge, I would suggest that you would become a dependant because your partner is a doctor and it is in an area of profession that UK definitely has shortage of. However, you may have to prove a marriage or evidences of living together to the Home Office.
Hope this helps.

Many thanks and kind regards,
Azwinar

iamamonkey
Newly Registered

Post by iamamonkey » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:07 pm

azwinar,

Thanks for your advise. It could be as simple as showing all the documents at the British Counsulate in Malaysia for me to change my visa status to a dependant vise. Then again it could be more complicated than that........

Anyone out there with any other views?

azwinar, thanks again.

D