ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Staying at community center...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolsats
BANNED

Staying at community center...

Post by coolsats » Thu May 28, 2009 3:55 pm

Friends,

Am leaving UK on first week of next month. I was looking for accommodation and was discussing this with my friend. He said that there is a community center in south hall and i can stay there without paying any rent for few months, also called Dharamshala, its a service towards the community. My question is:

1) What my friend said, if its true, can i stay there till i get a job. The same was said by one of my Sardar friend from Punjab, he stayed in Gurudwara for free. Let me know if its true. By doing this are we doing any wrong with the law. Can i get into trouble legally for this.

2) How far is south hall from central London and also from heathrow. Whats the best possible way to travel from heathrow to south hall.

Pls advice friends....!!!!!

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Staying at community center...

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu May 28, 2009 4:53 pm

Creative thinking coolsats. I have not been to this place but if gurudwara in Southall can provide free accomodation for "months", many people(struggling in southall itself) would have been living there. In UK, Southall has the highest density of migrants frauds and workers. I don't think (i may be wrong) there is any such facility available.

Anyways.. regarding your questions:

1. No you will not any wrong if you get accomodation there. But if immigration officer ask you for it, you cannot tell him about gurudwara.

2. Southall is 20 minutes train journey from Central London(Paddington Station).

From Heathrow to Southall, you need to take Heathrow Connect towards Paddington National Rail Station from Heathrow Central (terminal 1-2-3) Rail Station. It stops at Southall. Should not take more than 15 minutes(thats what www.tfl.gov.uk is saying).

Southall gurudwara is right next to Southall train station. Good Luck anyway... ;-)

coolsats wrote:Friends,

Am leaving UK on first week of next month. I was looking for accommodation and was discussing this with my friend. He said that there is a community center in south hall and i can stay there without paying any rent for few months, also called Dharamshala, its a service towards the community. My question is:

1) What my friend said, if its true, can i stay there till i get a job. The same was said by one of my Sardar friend from Punjab, he stayed in Gurudwara for free. Let me know if its true. By doing this are we doing any wrong with the law. Can i get into trouble legally for this.

2) How far is south hall from central London and also from heathrow. Whats the best possible way to travel from heathrow to south hall.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu May 28, 2009 6:17 pm

U can do it if they allow u to stay there...
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

email257525
BANNED

hi

Post by email257525 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:12 pm

hi
I can understand that the job situations. . .but dont expect any thng fre in uk. . .u hv 2 pay 4 eve thng . .

Set ur goals high

Good luck

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Thu May 28, 2009 10:08 pm

I think there's a bus from Hayes and Harlington train station to Heathrow, will save you some money and avoid the overpriced Heathrow Express from Paddington.