ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Documentation question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marlasinger
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

ILR Documentation question

Post by marlasinger » Sat May 30, 2009 11:42 am

Hi all,

Next month I will be applying for my ILR, as a spouse of a British citizen. We are currently living with his mother, and are required to produce a letter from her saying we are living there.

Probably a silly question, but does this letter have to be handwritten? My mother in law is quite ill and bed ridden at the moment with treatment for cancer. There's no way she will be able to write a letter, although she could sign one that would be typed out (it will have to be typed by us). Should we provide anything (letter from the hospital relating to her illness) in case it gets questioned, or am I just going overboard?

Many thanks,
marlasinger

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat May 30, 2009 9:21 pm

Just type it yourself and get her to sign it, It should be enough

marlasinger
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by marlasinger » Sun May 31, 2009 5:11 pm

Ok, thanks. That's what I'll do. :)