ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spousal visa to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Blueice2412
Newly Registered

spousal visa to Ireland

Post by Blueice2412 » Sun May 31, 2009 9:14 am

I would like to ask information about applying a visa to join Irish spouse to Ireland. Me and my fiancee are getting married this August 1, 2009 in my country here in the Philippines. After this, I will be applying for a spousal visa to join him. My problem is my fiancee lost his job due to recession and it'll take a while for him to get a new job since he will be coming here to visit me and get married and will stay here for 5 weeks. I'm afraid that irish embassy won't grant me a visa if my husband has no job. What is the best thing we should do? And also, i met him thru online since 2001 and it'll be our first meeting together but we are getting married because we know we love each other very much and we want to be together and we've waited long enough to be together. I have a lot of emails from him and letters for the past 8 years. Will they consider it about me granting a visa? Your help is appreciated. Thank you

colako
Newly Registered

Re: spousal visa to Ireland

Post by colako » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:25 pm

I know one thing for sure..They dont class online dating as a real relationship unless you have met a number of times. The job situation will also be an issue as he must be able to support you.....

Blueice2412
Newly Registered

Re: spousal visa to Ireland

Post by Blueice2412 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:08 am

colako wrote:I know one thing for sure..They dont class online dating as a real relationship unless you have met a number of times. The job situation will also be an issue as he must be able to support you.....
Hi, what if his mom is willing to give affidavit of support for the meantime while my husband to be is looking for a job? Would that help? It's just too expensive for my husband to keep coming back and forth to my country just to prove them that it's not a marriage for convenience. :(

stephen1381
Newly Registered

Post by stephen1381 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:32 am

Read the third last paragraph about online relationships

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Fa ... sh_Citizen

To prove you have met, send them photos with the visa applications along with any other proof you may have such as bank transfers and visa stamps to the Phillipines from your husbands passport.

Best of luck and congratulations :)

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:03 am

Sorry to sound so negative, but from reading posts from other people in similar situations over the last few years here on the boards, it is most likely that your application for a D-Spouse will be refused. DoJ will likely quote RH (Relationship History) as the reason for refusal. If your then husband has no current job, they are likely to quote Financial Reasons also.

The DoJ do not seem to recognise online applications, instead only times spent when both partners were in the same country (e.g. your visits to Ireland, or his visits to Philippines). If you have none of this it will be difficult to prove your Relationship on your visa application.

Personally I'd advise your Irish partner to enlist the help of an Immigration Solicitor and speak to some of the Free Advice Bureau's (Immigrant Council etc.). It may end up that you have to visit once on a tourist visa and return to the Philippines and then apply a 2nd time for a D-Spouse visa to return here. I'd recommend you also search through this forum for other examples of similar relationships and the difficulties/solutions they've encountered. Best of luck.

nicepecsigot

Post by nicepecsigot » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:43 pm

Hi advised from fellow Filipino avoid Ireland there's no jobs unless ur in health sector and your permanent.and w regards to your fiancée on line be careful please enough of this Asian mail brides. Think of it why would he date someone online there's loads of Asian women in Ireland .please be careful nothing like if your fooled n your in foriegn country

tote
BANNED

Post by tote » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:24 pm

Me want spousal visa and the citizenship. Me give you sucky, sucky. ten dolla, me love you long time.

Thats what the immigration officers will think, and the sad thing is they are almost certainly correct

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:30 pm

tote wrote:Me want spousal visa and the citizenship. Me give you sucky, sucky. ten dolla, me love you long time.

Thats what the immigration officers will think, and the sad thing is they are almost certainly correct
What a load of garbage. Have you not got any decent bone in your body.

Is your life so miserable, that you have to make others feel bad in order to feel fulfilled. Is that how you get your kicks.

Please please, i urge you refrain from this abominable conduct.
Last edited by Obie on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:32 pm

@Tote...thanks, but no thanks for your advice.now kindly stop trolling.

JandL
Newly Registered

Spousal Visa to Ireland

Post by JandL » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:07 pm

@ Blueice2412

Hi Blueice, the best thing to do is to tell your fiance to contact John Ferris regarding your situation. He is the Philippine Honorary Consul to Ireland. He is very helpful in giving advices. I'm sure he will give you right advices about your experience and things need to do to get spousal visa.
This are Mr. John Ferris contact details:
Email address philconsul@eircom.net.
Consulate of Philippines in Dublin, Ireland
8 Georgian Village
Castleknock
Dublin 15
Ireland
Phone: (+353) 1 215424

As far as I know Ireland is strict in online dating. You need to prove them that you meet several times through pictures and you always have communication through letters not emails. I suggest that you contact Mr. Ferris for your issue. Godbless and goodluck to your visa application.

Blueice2412
Newly Registered

spousal visa to Ireland

Post by Blueice2412 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:07 am

Ok, my fiancee is here with me now in the Philippines as of this moment and we are getting married next week (August 1). Now we've taken a lot of photos together. We are also aware that we have to meet many times to be able to have visa granted. I met my hubby to be online 8 years ago. Now we've met, our love together get stronger than ever and that we want to be together for the rest of our lives. I know there are online dating that can be failed but my relationship with him is for real. Alright, we discussed to meet 3 times and I hope we can have a baby soon or so then the irish immigration will know that this won't be a marriage for convenience and that our relationship is real.