ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Early extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srirags

Post by srirags » Sun May 31, 2009 10:41 am

Hello guys,

My friend got the below reply from the UKBA regarding the early extension. The reply is contradicting to the members who got their early extension from the visa expiry date. Is early extension requires luck?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please be advised if you are extending from HSMP into Tier 1 (General) we would recommend that extension applications should be submitted 28 days before your leave expires, although it is not an absolute requirement. If your Tier 1 (General) visa is granted, it will start from the date the decision is made and not from the visa expiry date.

Yours faithfully,

Novel Croft
Immigration Group
UK Border Agency

If you intend to reply to this e-mail please ensure that you re-send all the information from your original enquiry.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun May 31, 2009 12:19 pm

Hi Srirag,

Please see the highlighted section below...28 days is recommended but not mandatory...
srirags wrote:Hello guys,

My friend got the below reply from the UKBA regarding the early extension. The reply is contradicting to the members who got their early extension from the visa expiry date. Is early extension requires luck?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please be advised if you are extending from HSMP into Tier 1 (General) we would recommend that extension applications should be submitted 28 days before your leave expires, although it is not an absolute requirement. If your Tier 1 (General) visa is granted, it will start from the date the decision is made and not from the visa expiry date.

Yours faithfully,

Novel Croft
Immigration Group
UK Border Agency

If you intend to reply to this e-mail please ensure that you re-send all the information from your original enquiry.

inputsOnHSMP

Post by inputsOnHSMP » Sun May 31, 2009 12:42 pm

i think there is a flaw in the understanding of this person who has replied. For switching into teir 1 from hsmp, the visa will start from current hsmp expiry date.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun May 31, 2009 12:47 pm

Not sure you are referring to my reply or HO reply? Can you please clarify?
inputsOnHSMP wrote:i think there is a flaw in the understanding of this person who has replied. For switching into teir 1 from hsmp, the visa will start from current hsmp expiry date.

srirags

Post by srirags » Sun May 31, 2009 5:06 pm

hi chetanojha,

yeah its very clear that one can apply for ealy extension but the reply from UKBA clearly stated that the extension will be from the date of approval and not from visa expiry date.

but most of the members who applied for early extension got thier extension from visa expiry date.. not sure still..

It will be really helpful if any recent early extension applicant can share their experience...

cheers,
S

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun May 31, 2009 5:44 pm

srirags wrote:hi chetanojha,

yeah its very clear that one can apply for ealy extension but the reply from UKBA clearly stated that the extension will be from the date of approval and not from visa expiry date.

but most of the members who applied for early extension got thier extension from visa expiry date.. not sure still..

It will be really helpful if any recent early extension applicant can share their experience...

cheers,
S
There are no recent examples to suggest that extension was not granted from the expiry of their current leave. I do not have much faith in response that we get through such emails - unless they are in an individual's favour, in which case, these be used to strengthen one's case.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun May 31, 2009 8:22 pm

Agree with push here. These emails are sent by the people who I don't think are case workers.

shaik.leeds
Newly Registered

Post by shaik.leeds » Sun May 31, 2009 10:16 pm

chetanojha wrote:Agree with push here. These emails are sent by the people who I don't think are case workers.
Hi Mates,

Can anyone please help me regarding my exension.
I am planing to go for early extention (I am currently on HSMP and going to extension from HSMP to Tier 1 extension). I have HSMP visa valid until November 2009, but i have lost job in March. so, planning to go early extension in july.

I have met the salry criteria till March 2009(12 months) and 3 months maintanace funds till june. So in 15 monhts i am showing 12 months continious statements and the rest 3 months i am showing Maintance funds.

I have one more question also. Can i go personally for Extension? if so can i get spot decesion?

Kindly, please let me know it would be very great and helpful. I am really frustating.

Regards,
shaik

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun May 31, 2009 10:20 pm

shaik.leeds wrote: I have met the salry criteria till March 2009(12 months) and 3 months maintanace funds till june. So in 15 monhts i am showing 12 months continious statements and the rest 3 months i am showing Maintance funds.
Thats ok
shaik.leeds wrote:I have one more question also. Can i go personally for Extension? if so can i get spot decesion?
(1)Yes + (2)in most of the cases yes
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer