ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query - PEO

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

itsme
Member of Standing

ILR Query - PEO

Post by itsme » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:23 am

hi, i am eligible for ILR under HSMP(JLR) 4 year rule. i am trying to book appointment at PEO. SET(O) form covers both for main applicant and dependant, do we need to book appointment separately for both main & dependant and physically present at PEO for ILR ??

also, what happens if main applicant gets ILR now and dependant applies for it later on ?

regards
Last edited by itsme on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

Sten

Re: ILR Query - PEO

Post by Sten » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:10 am

one appointment

main dependant only or both

you pay double fees
Good luck !

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:34 am

Sten wrote:one appointment

you pay double fees
THanks,

the problem is due to unavailability i took appointment for just myself in mid july. call centre personnel are saying in this case they dont allow my wife (dependant) and not issue ILR to her. Also if she applies on her own later on, they say she will get only a spouse visa( for 2 years) and not an ILR.

i am not preferring postal due to timelines (around 15 weeks its seems)
---

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:00 pm

For HSMP ILR, your dependants don't necessary have to go with you to PEO. A letter from your spouse will be ok - that is if they will even ask for it.

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:06 pm

troyguy21 wrote:For HSMP ILR, your dependants don't necessary have to go with you to PEO. A letter from your spouse will be ok - that is if they will even ask for it.
That's really a big relief, but i hear completely contrasting info. when i call the PEO. did anyone achieved ILR like this ? if so please share your experiences.

The problem is PEO is asking specifically is the appointment is for just yourself or even for dependants ? becoz they say it takes extra time to scrutiny dependant case ......
---

bani

Post by bani » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:00 pm

You probably got an appointment just for yourself because there were no available appointments with dependants? If this is the case, you can't include your wife's application for that appointment. I would call them to ask if the appointment can be changed if I were you. It will be a lot cheaper and more convenient if you have both ILR applications together.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:10 pm

you pay double fees
Double Fees ???? if applying with dependents on the same application you will pay an extra £50 per dependent.

Your options include calling again and again until you get appointment which will include depedent. Applying on your own now and then dependents later is somewhat more complicated and also more expensive and possibly lengthy process as well. to be honest i am even sure how you do it and which forms you use. so i would advise that be clear exactly what applying alone now and dependents later means before you apply.

There is the post option which you dont favour at the moment obviously.

There is the slightly more expensive option of getting 'same day agents' who are registered with the the HO to submit your application on your behalf or to obtain a quicker appointment (next week even) there are some post here talking about this

Sten

Post by Sten » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:18 pm

f2k wrote:

you pay double fees
Double Fees ???? if applying with dependents on the same application you will pay an extra £50 per dependent.
That would be true if they were to apply at the same time, but the question was "what happens if main applicant gets ILR now and dependant applies for it later on ".
Good luck !

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:09 pm

f2k wrote:

you pay double fees

Your options include calling again and again until you get appointment which will include depedent. Applying on your own now and then dependents later is somewhat more complicated and also more expensive and possibly lengthy process as well. to be honest i am even sure how you do it and which forms you use. so i would advise that be clear exactly what applying alone now and dependents later means before you apply.

There is the post option which you dont favour at the moment obviously.

There is the slightly more expensive option of getting 'same day agents' who are registered with the the HO to submit your application on your behalf or to obtain a quicker appointment (next week even) there are some post here talking about this
thanks a lot, i did a quick search on net about same-day agents.. could anyone recommend good agent, if so plz PM me.
---

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:10 pm

Sten wrote:
f2k wrote:

you pay double fees
That would be true if they were to apply at the same time, but the question was "what happens if main applicant gets ILR now and dependant applies for it later on ".
well i was able to locate answer for this, if i get ILR only for myself
my dependant wife has to apply FLR(M) form and she would be given a spouse visa for 2 years.....
---

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:09 am

You don't have to give yourself any unnecessary stress!

1. Application can be made either by PEO or Post
2. Dependants can be included in application with additional charge of £50 per dependant
3. You book for PEO appointment as the main applicant but dependants can be included in the application form with their passports/photograph
4. Just like when you apply by post (dependant inclusive), HomeOffice will only send an acknowledgement letter to you as the main applicant. No separate letter will be sent to your dependant. They will only communicate with you and not your dependant.
5. On the appointment day at PEO, if you have any qualified dependants, they can be included in your application
6. If your dependant is not ready to apply now, then his/her application can be made latter - double fees
7. There are lots of posts here in the forum about applicants experience at PEO, you can search for these.
8. Unless if you want to dash money to Agents/Immigration lawyers, this is a simple application that does not necessarily require any of those

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:00 am

troyguy21 wrote:You don't have to give yourself any unnecessary stress!

1. Application can be made either by PEO or Post
2. Dependants can be included in application with additional charge of £50 per dependant
3. You book for PEO appointment as the main applicant but dependants can be included in the application form with their passports/photograph
4. Just like when you apply by post (dependant inclusive), HomeOffice will only send an acknowledgement letter to you as the main applicant. No separate letter will be sent to your dependant. They will only communicate with you and not your dependant.
5. On the appointment day at PEO, if you have any qualified dependants, they can be included in your application
6. If your dependant is not ready to apply now, then his/her application can be made latter - double fees
7. There are lots of posts here in the forum about applicants experience at PEO, you can search for these.
8. Unless if you want to dash money to Agents/Immigration lawyers, this is a simple application that does not necessarily require any of those

thanks a lot troyguy21 for your assurance. let' see how it goes.
---

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:45 am

finally after 7 days i was able to get one single slot which covers me and my dependant, surprisingly there is a cancellation at Sheffield when i kept trying at 11:30 AM now...

guyz but please be aware that when they mention the appointment covers only for main applicant... its highly unlikely they will entertain and process your dependant application as well, i spoke with 10 various case workers on above issue and everyone answered the same. Having said that i've gone through old posts on ILR-PEO-dependant issue there are contradictory statements.

also FYI - if it helps

there are 60 call centre personnel totally at PEO

nearly all the immigration solicitors/agents have slots varying from 17th june to 15th july and they charge exorbitant amount of 600 GBP + VAT
( so if you wanna make it asap, thats the only solution i guess)

past 5 days i was able to get hold of personnel at PEO by 9:03 but even then all appointments were booked which involves main + dependant.

sometimes i think its a bigg scam......god knows.
---

tanveer930

dependants PEO appointments

Post by tanveer930 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Hello,

Peo are not giving appointments for dependants at all and also they are saying your dependants visa will voided if they did not apply at the same time so.

1.they are trying to force people with dependant to use Postal application or book separate appointment
my question can we book advance for PEO appointments
My time line

Enter uk under HSMP 10-SEP-2005 (so i can take an appintment after 12th of Agust 2009).

Can i start calling now to book an appointment?

viren68

Post by viren68 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Hell,

I am also in the same boat. I phoned and they gave only me not my dependents appointment at PEO Croydon in july 2009. I will have to apply separately for the dependents.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:48 am

viren68 wrote:Hell,

I am also in the same boat. I phoned and they gave only me not my dependents appointment at PEO Croydon in july 2009. I will have to apply separately for the dependents.
... I guess that will be a waste of money, which mean you will be paying the application fees twice! Instead of doing that, why not go through an agent who will get an appointment within the next 1-2 weeks and still charge less than you paying twice the application fees? Just a thought.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:57 pm

justice_will_reign wrote:
viren68 wrote:Hell,

... I guess that will be a waste of money, which mean you will be paying the application fees twice! Instead of doing that, why not go through an agent who will get an appointment within the next 1-2 weeks and still charge less than you paying twice the application fees? Just a thought.
Not only that you could pay more fees, its also more complicated and am not sure whether your dependent(s) will be able to obtain a PEO appointment so this may delay their ILR and naturalisation. You could apply by post and i know they take long to process but at the moment they are giving letters backdating your ILR so that wont affect the date which you apply for naturalisation

itsme
Member of Standing

ilr docs required

Post by itsme » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:13 am

all, my ILR is covering 6 months of WP with employer + remaining my HSMP. I came on secondment to UK from India hence there is no payslip/tax paid during the initial 6 months not even UK bank statements. Is it mandatory to submit those documents for my ILR(JR) ??

could someone throw more light on this.
---

bani

Post by bani » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:17 am

Do you have a P60 covering that period? From what I've read, the caseworkers ask for P60 for the first years and payslips for the last few months.

itsme
Member of Standing

ilr

Post by itsme » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:22 am

i have a P60 but caseworker was looking for a P45 or letter from that WP employer it seems. I dont have either of them. ( i am getting back the documents from my solicitor and trying to apply on my own )
---

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:06 am

---