ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Points for Uk Experience for Extention Applicants

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jahangir

No Points for Uk Experience for Extention Applicants

Post by jahangir » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:22 pm

I recently emailed Home Office to confirm if Extention Applicants can also claim 5 points for Uk Experience and today they emailed me to say that such points are only awarded to Initial Applicants

I was under the strong impression that such points are awarded to Extention Applicants. Moreover I did see some posts on this blog where extention applicants had claimed 5 points. Therefore HO's reply has come as a shock to me. I had referred them to paragraph 151 but they say I have misread the para.

Can someone who was awarded 5 points for UK experience in extention, give their feedback. If I know many were awarded, I will pursue this matter more vigorously because actually these 5 points can make or mar my application.

push
United Kingdom

Re: No Points for Uk Experience for Extention Applicants

Post by push » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:31 pm

jahangir wrote:Can someone who was awarded 5 points for UK experience in extention, give their feedback. If I know many were awarded, I will pursue this matter more vigorously because actually these 5 points can make or mar my application.
No point in vigorously pursuing the UKBA customer support/call centre. You will get 5 points for your extension. The person on the phone must have got it wrong and mixed it up with previous experience (education) which is available to intial applicants only.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

jahangir

Post by jahangir » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:08 am

Thanks push-hsmp

I didn't call HO, I emailed them. But you are right they have mixed up things. I looked at my question to them and the question is like this:

Can we claim 5 points for UK experience for extention?

And their answer was
"If this is an initial application, you can score five points for United Kingdom experienc if ....."

Then I emailed them again and asked
Can we claim 5 points for UK experience for extention. (paragraph 151 says yes but you say no)

They emailed me again to say
You have miss read paragraph 151, this refers to applicants making an extension and is simply information, it does not mean you can claim points for making an extension.

Now either the HO is too stupid to think that I am claiming points for extention ( I am claiming points for Uk Experious as an Extention Applicant...clearly on the basis of previous earning. ) Or the HO properly understood my question but thinks extention applicants can't claim points.

What do you say. Is my question not clear enough or is HO being unnecessarily obtuse.

surmui

Post by surmui » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:27 am

you should get 5 points for previous uk experience without doubt,i got in my extension application last june. :)

surmui

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:39 pm

You should get 5 points for uk experience if your earnings from the uk are above 16,000 in the 12 months you are showing. Period.

My earnings were more than 16k and i got 5 points for uk experience

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:26 pm

You will get points for UK Experience (Earnings) for extension cases too. Its also very clear from above examples.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

jahangir

Post by jahangir » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:37 pm

The good thing about immigrationboards and sites like this is that you get practical information.

I mentioned earlier the emails of the HO misguiding me about the points for UK Experience for extention applicants. AFter discussion on this board, I emailed them again to say that other people have scored points; I therefore, suggested that my query should be answered by a Senior Caseworker in view of the earlier two misguiding emails.

Today I received a short reply saying that Extention applicants can score 5 points for UK previous (for previous earning).

Thanks everyone for your help.

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:16 pm

jahangir wrote:The good thing about immigrationboards and sites like this is that you get practical information.

I mentioned earlier the emails of the HO misguiding me about the points for UK Experience for extention applicants. AFter discussion on this board, I emailed them again to say that other people have scored points; I therefore, suggested that my query should be answered by a Senior Caseworker in view of the earlier two misguiding emails.

Today I received a short reply saying that Extention applicants can score 5 points for UK previous (for previous earning).

Thanks everyone for your help.
Hi jahangir,

Thanks for sharing this update. I do agree with you that immigationsboards has helped to clarify lot of doubts or confusion for propective applicants.

Thank You,
hsmp12345