ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Surname in Passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sonal1983
Newly Registered

No Surname in Passport

Post by sonal1983 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:37 am

Hi all,

Really need your advice. My passport does not have my last name/surname mentioned. I have a well travelled passport with a Valid US 10 year B1/B2 Visa also which has been issued even after me not having a last name.
i have also travelled to UK on work permit for 6 months and to various countries.

Now, i am in a process of applying for Tier 1 and i have got to know that me not having my surname in passport will get my application "Rejected".
My all other documents, anything you can think of has my lastname in it. PAN,official documents, Salary slips,educational etc everything has a last name.

Any suggestions please.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:40 am

Either get the passport amended or get a new one.
Regards,
crowbar6

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: No Surname in Passport

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:09 pm

I don't think your application will get rejected since you have already travelled to UK on WP and US. HO will anyway have your records.

For precautionary measures, you can get it corrected in your passport. It won't take long. I think nowadays it is done in one day. so why loose sleep over it.

sonal1983 wrote:Hi all,

Really need your advice. My passport does not have my last name/surname mentioned. I have a well travelled passport with a Valid US 10 year B1/B2 Visa also which has been issued even after me not having a last name.
i have also travelled to UK on work permit for 6 months and to various countries.

Now, i am in a process of applying for Tier 1 and i have got to know that me not having my surname in passport will get my application "Rejected".
My all other documents, anything you can think of has my lastname in it. PAN,official documents, Salary slips,educational etc everything has a last name.

Any suggestions please.
Last edited by ChetanOjha on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saferider
Newly Registered

Post by saferider » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:01 pm

I had the same problem with my passport. and got tier1 stamped without any issues

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:09 am

Any suggestions please.
There is no problem in this... many ppl got the visa without surname in their passports...
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:29 pm

Any suggestions please.
This is absolutely not an issue. My wife also doesnt have her surname in her passport. When she got the HSMP visa, her first name is mentioned twice in passport as name i.e. against name, it says "abc abc", where "abc" is the first name mentioned in passport.

Cheers
Vikram

tier1_ilr
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_ilr » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:05 pm

It does not affect anything BUT DO Get this amended please. My daughter's passport does not have the surname and I have faced issues at airport while boarding flights since they get suspicious if the minor is really my daughter. Luckily the passport had name of parents on last page which made them cool down.
If you are asked about it you can very well say that the passport office made a mistake and missed your last name in passport. Considering this is a common error in passports, they donot ask anythign further.
I found the amendment process too tedious so I just got it renewed with new forms .