ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Known by other names Please help !!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

psdesai
BANNED

Dependent Known by other names Please help !!!!!

Post by psdesai » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:19 pm

Hi,

I have a query regarding dependent application form.

Section B5. Which says if the dependent is known, or has ever been known by other names(s) then those given above, please give details below and send the evidence showing the name change:

In the help section : B2-B5 PBS dependants should provide full details of their name and title. If the dependant has previously been known by any other name(s) they should provide full details of each name, the date of each change and submit the relevant supporting legal documentation.
Evidence of name change(s) should show the dependant’s full name before and after the change and may include:
deed poll documents; and•
both the old passport and the new • passport.
Should the dependant submit documentation in support of their application that refers to them under name(s) not given in this section, that documentation will not be considered by the Assessing Officer.

Now my wife's middle name (her father's name) was used in her full name before we got married as it happens in most of asian families. She didnt had passport before we got married so only name she has on her passport is the name with my name as a middle name. What document should I provide as an evidence for the old name(s)?

I can provide her degree certificates . Will it be ok or should I skip the other name section?

Thanks
psdesai
Last edited by psdesai on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent Application

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:44 pm

You should rather provide Marriage Certificate which will have your wife's previous name and new name. This will resolve the requirement. The same is the case with me (and I think many people). It is fine.
psdesai wrote:Hi,

Section B5. Which says if the dependent is known, or has ever been known by other names(s) then those given above, please give details below and send the evidence showing the name change:

In the help section : B2-B5 PBS dependants should provide full details of their name and title. If the dependant has previously been known by any other name(s) they should provide full details of each name, the date of each change and submit the relevant supporting legal documentation.
Evidence of name change(s) should show the dependant’s full name before and after the change and may include:
Should the dependant submit documentation in support of their application that refers to them under name(s) not given in this section, that documentation will not be considered by the Assessing Officer.

Now my wife's middle name (her father's name) was used in her full name before we got married as it happens in most of asian families. She didnt had passport before we got married so only name she has on her passport is the name with my name as a middle name. What document should I provide as an evidence for the old name(s)?

I can provide her degree certificates . Will it be ok or should I skip the other name section?

Thanks
psdesai

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:03 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.
It seems fine in this case but what about postfix in the names such as *ben in the name. For her NI application we have submitted the
"xxxben surname" (typical indian naming conventions!)
"xxx surname"
"xxx middle surname"
etc.

Is it going to make any difference here? I know that home office do various checks when they access the application. I can always mention these names but would not have any evidence about it.

Please help

Thanks
P

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:12 pm

Sorry I didn't understand the *ben thing.
Is it something like kokilaben ....as many people in gujarat uses?

If that is the case, you can provide affidavit saying "ben" is an regiona acronym of Mrs./Ms. in India. I think that should work.
psdesai wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.
It seems fine in this case but what about postfix in the names such as *ben in the name. For her NI application we have submitted the
"xxxben surname" (typical indian naming conventions!)
"xxx surname"
"xxx middle surname"
etc.

Is it going to make any difference here? I know that home office do various checks when they access the application. I can always mention these names but would not have any evidence about it.

Please help

Thanks
P

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:20 pm

[quote="chetanojha"]Sorry I didn't understand the *ben thing.

> Thats right. But in my case I have evidance for the ben name in form of marriage certi. But not for the name without "ben"!

If that is the case, you can provide affidavit saying "ben" is an regiona acronym of Mrs./Ms. in India. I think that should work.

>I am not providing any documents which include name without "ben".
Does this mean that I can certainly mention this in the form and dont provide any evidance becouse of no document as supporting evidance.

Thanks
P

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:23 pm

Well if your marriage certificate have not her name as "ben" and all other documents (after marriage) has also got the same name, then you don't need to do anything. You can say that her name is changed after marriage. Presuming passport also have "ben" in it?
psdesai wrote:
chetanojha wrote:Sorry I didn't understand the *ben thing.

> Thats right. But in my case I have evidance for the ben name in form of marriage certi. But not for the name without "ben"!

>I am not providing any documents which include name without "ben".
Does this mean that I can certainly mention this in the form and dont provide any evidance becouse of no document as supporting evidance.

Thanks
P

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:31 pm

[quote="chetanojha"]Well if your marriage certificate have not her name as "ben" and all other documents (after marriage) has also got the same name, then you don't need to do anything. You can say that her name is changed after marriage. Presuming passport also have "ben" in it?

Yes thats right the passport, marriage certi has same name with "*ben" on it!
My only concern is as I have metioned this on her National Insurance application (where it ask for multiple names) . If the home office enquire in NI office and found out more names then mentioned on the application form then ...
Do you think it will be a case-problem?

PS Persnonally we hate it but its something we get in gujarati school :)

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:37 pm

It should not be a problem as far as you are paying NI.
psdesai wrote:
chetanojha wrote:Well if your marriage certificate have not her name as "ben" and all other documents (after marriage) has also got the same name, then you don't need to do anything. You can say that her name is changed after marriage. Presuming passport also have "ben" in it?

Yes thats right the passport, marriage certi has same name with "*ben" on it!
My only concern is as I have metioned this on her National Insurance application (where it ask for multiple names) . If the home office enquire in NI office and found out more names then mentioned on the application form then ...
Do you think it will be a case-problem?

PS Persnonally we hate it but its something we get in gujarati school :)

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:13 am

My marriage certifiate does not show her old name.
If I can get the affidavite from India. Will it be ok?

P

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:21 am

If it shows her new name...that is fine as well. You can get affidavit from India so that you can sleep well.. :-)

psdesai wrote:My marriage certifiate does not show her old name.

P

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:29 am

I think thats the route I am going to take (affidavite ).
But I was thinking from application form it seems like they want these document / name information to verify the other documents which you submit with the application. As this is tier 1 dependent application I am not going to provide any other document with her application which has her old name. So the obevious thing to say is "then dont mention the names!" . but If HO inquire and found her other names on the NI record they will just get another reason not to issue her the visa! And then I have to spend another fortune to apply for her saperate visa etc.

I know its very silly question but there is no real help available from Home office dispite charging lots of money for applications! (We all hate nasty suprises on the day of appointment! )

Many thanks
chetanojha wrote:If it shows her new name...that is fine as well. You can get affidavit from India so that you can sleep well.. :-)

psdesai wrote:My marriage certifiate does not show her old name.

P

Priya_Rai

Post by Priya_Rai » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:47 am

chetanojha wrote:You should rather provide Marriage Certificate which will have your wife's previous name and new name. This will resolve the requirement. The same is the case with me (and I think many people). It is fine.

Thanks
psdesai
Hi - a friend of mine is facing the same problem:

She does not have any proof of her name before marriage (she has Degree/Marksheet etc.)
She changed her surname to Sarma from Samant
Her passport has her post-marriage name and surname - Mugdha Sarma
Her marriage certificate says something like:

"Ms Mugdha Samanta (Sarma) married to Mr. xxxxx Sarma on xxx date. "

Does she need to provide any affidavite for her T-1 dependant extension (she is on HSMP dependant visa)?
Has anybody dealt with similar circiumstances ? She is planning to apply at PEO Croydon next week.
Thanks
Priya

tomcat
Newly Registered

Post by tomcat » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:07 am

He is fine...

please dont post it twice
Priya_Rai wrote:
chetanojha wrote:You should rather provide Marriage Certificate which will have your wife's previous name and new name. This will resolve the requirement. The same is the case with me (and I think many people). It is fine.

Thanks
psdesai
Hi - a friend of mine is facing the same problem:

She does not have any proof of her name before marriage (she has Degree/Marksheet etc.)
She changed her surname to Sarma from Samant
Her passport has her post-marriage name and surname - Mugdha Sarma
Her marriage certificate says something like:

"Ms Mugdha Samanta (Sarma) married to Mr. xxxxx Sarma on xxx date. "

Does she need to provide any affidavite for her T-1 dependant extension (she is on HSMP dependant visa)?
Has anybody dealt with similar circiumstances ? She is planning to apply at PEO Croydon next week.
Thanks
Priya

sun_ksh

Post by sun_ksh » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:57 pm

I want to apply for tier 1 dependent extension visa for my wife. Her previous visas i.e. work permit depended and tier 1 depended visas were stamped as X.Y.Z. - her name prior to marraige.

both of us are from india.

last year we got her name changed to reflect my name and surname. Her passport front page now shows name as X.Y.Z and page 3 of passport now shows that her name X.Y.Z. is changed to X.B.C.- an observation made by Indian embassy on her passport.

As per the guidance given in application form -pasted below- it calls to include a deed poll document. What is this document?

My wifes previous visa were stamped with name X.Y.Z. and she had been granted visa based on the marriage certificate.

We will be including marriage certificate, driving license which shows her name as X.B.C., her bank statement with name X.Y.Z. and X.B.C., one passport showing both her old name and new name, NI card along with her application.

Will this be enough or do I need to get deed poll document?

B2-B5 PBS dependants should provide full
details of their name and title. If the dependant
has previously been known by any other
name(s) they should provide full details of each
name, the date of each change and submit the
relevant supporting legal documentation.
Evidence of name change(s) should show the
dependant’s full name before and after the
change and may include:
• deed poll documents; and
• both the old passport and the new passport.

thanks