ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rights pending appeal

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Selvyn
Newly Registered

Rights pending appeal

Post by Selvyn » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:15 pm

I am sending in an appeal to a refusal under para. 245 Z. (post-study transitional arrangement). I went below the £800 to £600 for 5 days.

I am currently in employment. Am I right that pending the appeal I am still under the same visa conditions and thus that I am allowed to work?

Thanks,

Sel

koolbone

Re: Rights pending appeal

Post by koolbone » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:43 am

Selvyn wrote:I am sending in an appeal to a refusal under para. 245 Z. (post-study transitional arrangement). I went below the £800 to £600 for 5 days.

I am currently in employment. Am I right that pending the appeal I am still under the same visa conditions and thus that I am allowed to work?

Thanks,

Sel

Yes, you are right. Once you submit your appeal papers on time, your existing leave-to-remain in the UK is treated as 'continuing' i.e it is extended pending when your appeal will be decided on. However, if you leave the UK before your appeal is heard, this 'extended' leave will lapse.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:49 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.