ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 Application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Buzz

EU1 Application

Post by Buzz » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:00 pm

Hello
Please I would appreaciate some help from members of the forum.

My wife is a british citizen and we relocated to Ireland about a month ago, unfortunately she hasn't been able to find employment.
She also registered for a FAS course but hasn't received any notification from them.

I have submitted the EU1 application but they are requesting for proof of employment , studying or benefits which we do not have.
So i was wondering if we could go thru self sufficiency and how much would constitute sufficient funds, also do the funds have to be in an irish account?

Thankks for your anticipated help

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: EU1 Application

Post by Ben » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:38 pm

Buzz wrote:So i was wondering if we could go thru self sufficiency and how much would constitute sufficient funds, also do the funds have to be in an irish account?
You need to be able to provide evidence that, as a family, you have sufficient resources so as not to become a burden on the State. You also need to have health insurance.

The exact wording of the Directive is:
Directive 2004/38/EC Article 7 wrote:Right of residence for more than three months
1. All Union citizens shall have the right of residence on the territory of another Member State for
a period of longer than three months if they:

<snip>

(b) have sufficient resources for themselves and their family members not to become a burden on
the social assistance system of the host Member State during their period of residence and
have comprehensive sickness insurance cover in the host Member State;
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.