ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependants don't need to be present at HSMP ILR PEO appts

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kiwi_in_the_uk

Dependants don't need to be present at HSMP ILR PEO appts

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:33 pm

There are a lot of threads on this - it is a question that seems to come up regularly, with sometimes conflicting answers. However it seems that dependants don't need to be present.

I emailed this question to the Home Office:
Sent: 27 May 2009 15:23
To: IND Public Enquiries
Subject: PEO appointment for ILR – dependents need to attend?

Dear Sir / Madam

I have an appointment at the Croydon PEO for an ILR application, based on 4 years HSMP under the recent judicial review. I will be applying for myself but also for two dependents (my wife, and my son aged 4 months).

Question – can you please confirm whether my dependents must attend in person with me, or not. I believe that they do not need to attend, and that I can apply on their behalf by carrying all relevant documents myself (for example, their passports). However, I would be grateful for confirmation of this.

Yours faithfully
and I received this reply:
Dear xxxxx

Thank you for your enquiry.
They are not officially required to come with the main applicant but you must bring their completed documents with you.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxxx
Immigration Group
UK Border Agency

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:54 pm

Would you mind giving the email address for IND Public Inquries? I have few questions that i need to ask too.

Many Thanks
Magsi

kiwi_in_the_uk

Post by kiwi_in_the_uk » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:08 pm

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:47 pm

Yes and if you have small kids, you might want to leave them at home or in school instead, They might enjoy the day trip out of school and on the the trains to Croydon or Sheffield etc but after standing in one queue for 45minutes (outside) another for 35 minutes and then moving from one floor and sitting in a very warm waiting room room for another 90minutes and then moving to another for another 90minutes they may not be very pleased about it. they might thank you in 20years time for getting them british citizenship but for now you wont be their best friend

Sten

Post by Sten » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:00 am

f2k wrote: sitting in a very warm waiting room room for another 90minutes and then moving to another for another 90minutes
can one take a laptop inside ? must be very boring just to be sitting and waiting ..
Good luck !

jahil
Newly Registered

Post by jahil » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:03 am

Sten wrote:
f2k wrote: sitting in a very warm waiting room room for another 90minutes and then moving to another for another 90minutes
can one take a laptop inside ? must be very boring just to be sitting and waiting ..
haha , thats a good one , they ask you to switch off your mobile and anything electronic. Books or magazines could be only possible choices. You are not a Virgin train first class passenger Sir.

Sten

Post by Sten » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:09 pm

jahil wrote: they ask you to switch off your mobile and anything electronic.
Hah, at least they do not ask you to fasten the seatbelts ..or do they ?

Ok, will grab some fresh Zoo issues on the way there ...
Good luck !

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:31 pm

kiwi_in_the_uk wrote:I used this one:

UKBApublicenquiries@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Many thanks Kiwi
Magsi