ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependnt Appln -Tenancy Agreement without landlord signature

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ramgsk

Dependnt Appln -Tenancy Agreement without landlord signature

Post by ramgsk » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:51 am

Hi All,
I came to UK 3 months back, on a job now for 2 months. Until now was in a shared accommodation.

I am now renting a new house from June-20th, I got a Tenancy Agreement. The Agreement is not yet signed by Landlord as he is in Australia and he might sign it in his next trip to UK sometime in the next month.

I have the Tenancy Agreement, also a statement from Letting Agency on their letter head that I am renting it from June-20th.

Can I use a photocopy of this as accommodation proof for Tier1 Dependant application in India in the next week. I can give Home office the Letting Agency Details in case they have to contact for confirmation of the Tenancy.

Other documents, my offer letter, payslips, maintenance funds and others are all well in place.
- Ramgsk

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Dependnt Appln -Tenancy Agreement without landlord signa

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:29 am

ramgsk wrote:Hi All,
I came to UK 3 months back, on a job now for 2 months. Until now was in a shared accommodation.

I am now renting a new house from June-20th, I got a Tenancy Agreement. The Agreement is not yet signed by Landlord as he is in Australia and he might sign it in his next trip to UK sometime in the next month.

I have the Tenancy Agreement, also a statement from Letting Agency on their letter head that I am renting it from June-20th.

Can I use a photocopy of this as accommodation proof for Tier1 Dependant application in India in the next week. I can give Home office the Letting Agency Details in case they have to contact for confirmation of the Tenancy.

Other documents, my offer letter, payslips, maintenance funds and others are all well in place.
YOu can add that as an additional document (not completely sure) but if you can get a letter or agreement from your current share accomodation that u r living there currently n will move to new one on 20th june - this shd be clearly explained in ur cover letter AND it is good to show Utility Bills, telephone bills if u have ur name during ur stay in SAccomodation...

dont get discouraged.. pls wait for ppl who were in ur situation earlier n got approvals to reply..

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Dependnt Appln -Tenancy Agreement without landlord signa

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:31 pm

Yes you can use the letter from letting agency.Lot of letting agencies manage properties for landlord and this is quite normal. It should be fine.Ask your agent to mention in the letter that he is managing the property for landlord and it should be fine.
You should contact information of both letting agency + landlord.
ramgsk wrote: I have the Tenancy Agreement, also a statement from Letting Agency on their letter head that I am renting it from June-20th.

sabeekj
Mood:
India

Post by sabeekj » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:36 pm

Hi, i think the letting agents can sign on behalf of landlord on the tenancy agreement as it was in my situation...
but not sure... how it can help you..
I was in need of the tenancy agreement as soon as possible and we rented through letting agent and when i got the agreement.. the letting agent signed on behalf of landlord along with two witnesses from their letting agent peoples.

the advantage of my case was i was renewing the tenancy agreement to include my name and i had the utility bills on the same address..

good luck

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi Mate,

This is not a problem at all. Even my property is managed fully by a company and I have no contacts with the landlord. The contract is signed by someone in the letteng agency and only landlord's name is mentioed somewhere.

Using this, I had got dependent's visa for my wife last year. My case was slightly complicated as I was staying with my friends and applied for wife's dependent visa 2 weeks before I moved into a house which was in my name. Just make sure that you explain your case clearly in the covering letter.

good luck
Vikram

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 am

Have applied for the dependant visa today like below.
Would see how it turns out, will keep the thread updated when I get the result.

Thanks for the mental support.
This forum has always been an indispensable knowledge source in this area.
Hi All,

- Ramgsk

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:28 pm

And I have got my Kid's visa
Details here
Thanks for the info, support.
- Ramgsk

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:30 pm

Congratulations...!!
ramgsk wrote:And I have got my Kid's visa