ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa fess for Non EU spouce of Irish

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anothernews
Newly Registered

Visa fess for Non EU spouce of Irish

Post by anothernews » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi there

I applied for a tourist visa for my wife today in German Embassy. Me and My wife have travelled to another schengen states and we have never paid for visa.

According to german embassy my wife needs to pay for the visa if we are not travelling together ( which is true as I am going 4 days earlier and then she joins me later) . To me this sounds stupid and why would that make any difference ?

So i paid anyway. German embassy has told me that if I can bring a document which shows that my wife does not need to pay they will give me my money back. So I am looking for any help in this regards

Thanks

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:23 pm

Directive 2004/38/EC, Article 6 wrote:Right of residence for up to three months
1. Union citizens shall have the right of residence on the territory of another Member State for a
period of up to three months without any conditions or any formalities other than the requirement to
hold a valid identity card or passport.
2. The provisions of paragraph 1 shall also apply to family members in possession of a valid
passport who are not nationals of a Member State, accompanying or joining the Union citizen.
Directive 2004/38/EC, Article 5(2) wrote:Right of entry
2. Family members who are not nationals of a Member State shall only be required to have an
entry visa in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 539/2001 or, where appropriate, with national
law. For the purposes of this Directive, possession of the valid residence card referred to in
Article 10 shall exempt such family members from the visa requirement.
Member States shall grant such persons every facility to obtain the necessary visas. Such visas
shall be issued free of charge as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated procedure.
The German translation of Directive 2004/38/EC is available here.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:36 pm

This is pretty mad. My husband applied for a Schengen Visa from the Swedish Embassy. He was traveling to Sweden 2 days ahead of me. He did not have to pay for a Visa! Sounds like the typical "analogy" behaviour of the German Embassy.