ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lawyer/ Consultant Vs Self - ILR application.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Making a Lawyer Represent your case (Discount the cost facto and time factor)

Is better in Postal Application
No votes
Is Better in PEO application
No votes
Is better for both cases
No votes
Is generally not a good idea for talented people, as they can represent themselves better
100%

Total votes: 4

rajesh.kishore
Newly Registered

Lawyer/ Consultant Vs Self - ILR application.

Post by rajesh.kishore » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:39 am

Hello Guys

I have been thinking about this. For talented people, assuming they have ability to read and understand but not necessarily the time; what is better option among the 2.

Making a lawyer represent your case.

----a) With a PEO appointment.
----b) With postal application.

My argument against hiring a lawyer is that there are only a few people who would understand your case as you do. Plus it costs us a lot. Plus how you know which lawyer/ consultant is good?

For favour is that it can save a lot of time and they, only some of them really, may be aware of similar case as yours.

I am putting this question as poll, vote. Also argument imputs would be good too.

Please answer discounting the cost and time factor( as this varies from person to person and are quite obvious) based purely on chance of success and case representation

In lawyer I would include immigration consultants.

Contributions from the consultants/lawyer is also welcome.

I have both the time and money to spend and I am sure many of us would be in my situation, but I just cannot take a chance of refusal for ILR.

Thanks

RK

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:51 am

its 100% self evident that with the help of such great forums representing self at PEO is very easy for ILR. having said that these days getting an appointment is a herculean task (esp. if there is dependant along with main applicant). In such cases people might approach lawyers/solicitors.
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

willnotbackHSMP

Post by willnotbackHSMP » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:51 pm

If one's ILR case is straight forward I think he/she can apply it with out any agency/solicitor . Just he/she needs is that a bit discussion in the right forum to remove any confusion, if any. Moreover SET(O) form is very very simple, any skilled ppl can fill in easily.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:51 am

Just like everyone else have said, there are loads of information to play around with to get your application ready and in order. The HO's website is quite helpful if yu are good in finding your way round the website, and there are several forum like this where people share their personal experiences as well. Although not all cases are straight-forward and stress free, it is also very good if you think your case is difficult and you have exploit all avenues to you and you can not still get it right. On that ground, I will suggest you consult the agent/solicitor who might be able to help you if you can afford it.