ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any US CPAs approved for HSMP?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shaishai77
Newly Registered

Any US CPAs approved for HSMP?

Post by shaishai77 » Mon May 16, 2005 11:30 pm

Hi There,

I'm a US CPA applying for an under 28 HSMP. Will the Home Office approve my application even though I don't hold any British accounting qualifications?

I meet the points requirements and have collected good, original supporting documents.

I'm just struggling with proving that I can continue my career. The job postings I've found that don't require qualification pay under GBP 30,000.

Does anyone know what it means to be part-qualified? Is a CPA part qualified?

Thanks so much for you reply!

LisaM77
Newly Registered

Post by LisaM77 » Tue May 17, 2005 12:33 am

Hi,

I am an Australian CPA and I will also be applying under the Under 28 category. To answer you question someone who is part qualified in the UK only holds an accounting degree without the CPA qualification on top. I am about to complete my CPA in Australia which is actually a post graduate diploma and then I am fully qualified.

You said that you only found jobs for under 30,000 GBP and don't require a qualification. Where are you looking? I am a Project Accountant in Sydney and all the jobs I have found in London pay between 45,000 and 55,000 for qualified accountants. If you have a CPA (which I am guessing in the US is like Australia) you need to look for jobs that require CIMA or equivalent.

Does CPA status in the US only require a degree or more study like Australia does?

Hope this helps...

sunandoghosh

Post by sunandoghosh » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:05 am

any comments on whether usa cpa can be conside5red equivalent for uk matsers for tier 1