ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

expert views needed, please.

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

charm1
Newly Registered

expert views needed, please.

Post by charm1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:24 pm

Hi!
PSW rejected and I have applied for an Appeal. The hearing date is 6 july and I am representing myself.

Just received letter from Tribunals services AIT with following directions:

DIRECTIONS
YOU must send the following documents to AIT and respondent to arrive no later than 5days before the date of full hearing.

1. witness statements of evidence to be called at the hearing, such statements to stand as evidence in chief at the hearing.

2. A paginated and index bundle of all the documents to be relied on at the hearing with a schedule identifying the essential passages.

I had mentioned the name of my wife as witness. What might be the witness statement of evidence?

regarding no2, I guess it is the same documents that was send to home office plus additional documents such as bank statements, college letters. Am I right?

thanks in advance.

charm1
Newly Registered

Post by charm1 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:49 pm

Anyone with the suggestion, please!!!!!!!!!!! No replies till now just several viewings.

I have mentioned the background of my case in previous thread. Let me put them here once again.

Hi!
PSW rejected on following grounds. I have made an appeal myself without help of solicitor and hearing date is 6 july 2009.

Do you think I have a chance to win? Should I use the service of a solicitor at least for representation on hearing date? suggestions please.....

Paragraph from Case Worker’s Letter of Refusal

‘As the certificate provided from the College only states the year of the award we are unable to grant the points claimed for Date of award. We require at least the month and year that the qualification was awarded.’

my ground of appeal: I have submitted a new letter from the college confirming date of award as 12 feb 2009.

‘You have submitted Barclays statements for two accounts and nationwide statements. The last date covered by the statements is 18 March 2009 and therefore the required three month period was from 19 December 2008 until 18 march 2009.
Unfortunately, only your regular savings account covers 17 March 2009 and 18 March 2009 and the balance in this account at this time was £462.96. Therefore, we are unable to grant the points claimed for maintenance’.

my ground of appeal: I did submit bank statements as proof towards my maintenance funds claimed which mentions the covering period to be 1st December 2008 to 13th March 2009, whereas the time considered by the Home office is for the period from 19th December 2008 until 18th March 2009, which is just because my last statement date for Regular Savings account is dated 18th March 2009.

End date on statements have different dates as the regular statement dates differ for each bank accounts. However, I have maintained at least £800 throughout last three months. In addition, the cumulative balance amount on 17 March 2009 was £1988.08 and on 18 March 2009 was £1988.08 not £462.96 as claimed by the case worker in the Refusal Letter.

I have maintained at least £800 not only for 3 months but to-date and will be sending the latest statements to AIT soon.

comments welcome.

thanks

koolbone

Post by koolbone » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:41 am

check your private message. Just sent u a message

Ahmed80

Post by Ahmed80 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:20 am

Hi
my application was refused because my bank statement date was short by 3 days, nothing wrong with the balance. I am appealing with the latest statement on my own. What's your experience been on this issue?

sungmin
Newly Registered

Post by sungmin » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:53 pm

[quote="Ahmed80"]Hi
my application was refused because my bank statement date was short by 3 days, nothing wrong with the balance. I am appealing with the latest statement on my own. What's your experience been on this issue?[/quote]

Hey Ahmed,

Sorry to hear that you've been refused. I had also been rejected because my statements were 2 days short (stupid really). I had an appeal with a solicitor and was able to win the case by presenting an additional evidence (a bank statement which covers the missing days). So as long as you have a consecutive bank statement which shows that you had the funds, you should be fine in that regard.